Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixed bbq and slow cooker kielbasa recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    That was why I did this, we were all over the place Sunday. It can go all day on low. I did it from about 3 until about 7 on high.

• cdd315
    replied
    Sounds awesome! I like the all in one dinners on those hectic days. It would probably work to get everything ready the night before and turn it on low in the morning

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    started a topic Mixed bbq and slow cooker kielbasa recipe

Mixed bbq and slow cooker kielbasa recipe

No pix, it's easy to imagine this.

3 lbs of kielbasa, cut into 1" lengths. Heat up that grill and cook 'em up until they're lightly charred.

3 onions. Cut in half, slice, and fry 'em up in some butter or oil, until limp.
    2 large garlic cloves. Mash them and put them in the onions for a couple minutes.

2 32 oz bags of sauerkraut, or 4lbs of home made sauerkraut.

3 lbs of small waxy potatoes. You can use large potatoes, but then you have to cut them. Small ones are easier.

1 can chicken broth.

Dump all that stuff into a slow cooker on high for about 4 hours or until the potatoes are tender. I would have added caraway seeds, but Mrs Mosca doesn't like them much, so I didn't. But they would be really good in this.

You could also use cabbage for this instead of the kraut, or leave out the potatoes and substitute cooked flat noodles at the end. If you use cabbage you can add carrots, that would be good. The idea is starch/sausage/vegetable. Myself, I love cooked kraut and potatoes together, so that's what I did.
    Last edited by Mosca; November 4, 2015, 12:51 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here