Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spiral cut hot dogs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiral cut hot dogs!!

You can see a short video about it @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyieI2bxyIk

Will never smoke hotdogs any other way. I use Double ranch beef hotdogs from snake river farms.

I smoke my hot dogs on the big green egg around 250f with pecan chunks on indirect heat and wait until they get a bit of char going.

spiral dogs by Immersion Freediving, on Flickr

spiral dogs by Immersion Freediving, on Flickr
    Last edited by ImmersionFD; October 21, 2015, 03:05 PM.

Those look awesome ImmersionFD !

Comment

I need to try that. People love the split end technique.

Comment

Those are good, my kids love these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	octopus-hot-dogs-013.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	117216

Comment

• DeusDingo
          DeusDingo commented
          Editing a comment
          he looks happier than i think he should be...

Holy Cow, you even did it with correct anatomy.

Comment

• fracmeister
          fracmeister commented
          Editing a comment
          What is the correct anatomy for a hot dog?

How cute is that, _John_ ! Char them enough and they'll be like an edible Ursula in Little Mermaid.

ImmersionFD I had spiral hot dogs in August and really liked the extra surface area for the burn/crunch factor. Never thought to smoke them, though. Usually they go on my gasser. Time to rethink that paradigm.

Kathryn,

Comment

• Medusa
          Medusa commented
          Editing a comment
          K, I'm with you. Usually the gasser and GG's

--Ed

Amazing, I love hot dogs, they are one thing I will never ever grow out of.

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't ever tour a hotdog factory then.🙈

I like to use a dry rub when I cook these.

Comment

Definitely going to give it a try.

Comment

Try this:
            If you’ve got kids they will love this! Even if you don’t have kids but you have some friends who are sort of retarded, they will probably ...

Comment

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              I clicked on your link and read the text. I can imagine it's would be fun to do for my grandkids but the pictures did not open.

My grand kids love these, been doing 'em for years...

Comment

Great Post! ImmersionFD, UFB!

Comment

• Medusa
                Medusa commented
                Editing a comment
                So I finally watched the video - cool trick. But ketchup on the dog?!??! OMG!<!@

Great strategy. I talk about them in my book.

Comment

Boy am I glad this did not turn into a "You never put Cetchup on a Hot Dog" Rant after the video

Comment

When I was little, my Mom had hot dogs but only hamburger rolls. She cut them on one side rather than the full spiral. When she broiled them, they curled into a circle, which she then served to us on the hamburger rolls. Proving that no good deed goes unpunished, we insisted on having them that way for about a year.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here