Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the recipe archive: FRANK N' BEAN BAKE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the recipe archive: FRANK N' BEAN BAKE

Recently obtained Grandmothers old recipe box, containing lots of typewritten, hand written, and newspaper cutout recipes from the era. Some are sentimental family items, others are (we suppose) popular dishes from the day.

Todays selection: Frank n Bean Bake. There are no notes indicating how successful or popular this dish was

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211104_092702.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1119672

Looks good, I was straining my neck, thought I’d help ya out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	E4C22ACD-203D-4636-8178-880CB273D8CB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	1119684

Comment

• GolfGeezer
      GolfGeezer commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya know, if you had just held your used gen 1 iPad sideways while laying on the floor recovering from that case of Coors Lite you drank, your neck would be fine. Don't ask me how I know...

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I seen ya peekin in my window last night.

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Peeking in the window, No pictures--Didn't Happen.

Why I am not surprised that Panhead John is the first and eager poster for this highly questionable recipe.

Comment

I dunno, I like both but just not together....

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        Growing up with five brothers and sisters, hot dogs cut up into baked beans was a regular feature. Mom didn’t mess around with the rest of the recipe, just hot dogs in beans. That lasted until my oldest sisters were about 12.

Wow that brings back memories! My dad was disabled after a nasty construction accident almost killed him. Being the nails-tough Dutchman he was, he pulled through and assumed house husband status while my mother worked full time. My dad was definitely not the primary cook even though he worked in a Navy kitchen - KP duty mostly I suspect. Anyway, he used to make a similar recipe with Grandma Browns Baked Beans,. He would add Worcestershire sauce, a little brown sugar then lay bacon & hot dogs on the top and bake it in the oven. As kid I loved it. Now seeing this, I want to recreate it on my cooker! Thanks for sharing this!

Comment

Weenies and beans! Me and the wifey both had this in various forms often growing up. Big families, small finances for the parents back then. We still love it and make it in various forms often. One variation is using grilled fresh bratwurst instead of hot dogs. Yummy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here