Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lest we forget. Li'l Smokeys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lest we forget. Li'l Smokeys.

How could we ever omit Li'l Smokey's from any legitimate Hot Dog/Sausage frenzy.
    Yes I will admit I still make the Li'l Smokeys in a modified grape jelly, BBQ sauce.
    There are a few other ways to make them that are also enjoyable.
    Penrose Pickled Sausage comes to mind.
    Li'l Smokeys wrapped in a humble pop open biscuit.
    Li'l Smokeys mixed into scrambled eggs.
    There has to be regional favorites for the little guys.

Little Smokies, orange marmalade and some butter in a crock pot.

Comment

How about spicy brown sugar bacon wrapped Lil guys. Since I’m off sugar, just may try some stevia soaked in smoked paprika.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        THOSE are the ones I love, but only get once a year around Christmas at a party - which didn't happen last year. So I've not had them in almost 2 years. I just cannot see the stevia carmelizing like the brown sugar though... if you try it, I will be interested to hear how it works out.

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        I've read that the sweetener derived from Monk Fruit will carmelize. I haven't tried this myself yet though.

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Aha, Murdy , monk fruit it shall be. My wife introduced that to me before she went to sleep. I use it in tea when I occasionally drink the stuff.

Crack open a can of crescent rolls, trim down to size and make some mini pigs in a blanket with them.

Comment

Forget the marshmallows, my coat hanger’s dangling a lil’ smokey over the fire.

Comment

I love them at breakfast. Omelettes, frittatas, scrambles, etc. Great in charro beans. Great caramelized, then cooked with cabbage and onions(maybe also potatoes). Salty, fatty goodness.

Comment

Wrapped in bacon, toothpick to hold, lightly sprinkled with brown sugar, bake on a cookie sheet till bacon is how you like it. Awesome appetizers.

Comment

On top of Lil Smokies, all covered with bacon and cheese
              I lost all my worries consuming a plate of these.

Comment

Nestled on top of the cheese then bacon-wrapped in an ABT:

Get your stretchy pants ready people, and claim that special spot on the couch, you know..the one with the dent. Preferably near an accessible entrance so the EMT's can easily get to you! We've got Meat on Meat & Cheese on Cheese, yep...double the cheesy Meat~double the fun..perfect for the BIG game! I'm talkin' Smoky Sausages

Click image for larger version

Name:	lilmid1-650x590.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1095769

Kathryn

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cool, leave the stem on the jalapeño & you have a handle too. 🕶

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok - THIS I gotta try! Bookmarked for future reference!

• Bbqmikeg
                  Bbqmikeg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Feed um before you feed um. No one leaves hungry!

My wife does the grape jelly thing. A staple at family parties on her side. I love them. Always eat way too many. But truly I like these little yummy bites just about any way you make them.

Comment

• Murdy
                  Murdy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The grape jelly recipe approaches the level of comfort food.

I saw a cook on YouTube use them in pinto beans instead of a ham hock. I tried it, they were good. You need to use the ones that have pork in them.

Comment

Lil Smokies simmered in equal parts Ketchup, Brown Sugar and Whiskey.

Great dish for a party.

Either call them Drunken Dogs or Whiskey Wieners

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here