Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The correct way to order hot dogs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The correct way to order hot dogs.

The correct way to order hot dogs is to get three. One Chicago dog, one chili cheese dog with onions, and one with brown mustard and sauerkraut. You can add onions to the last one if you want to, and horseradish isn’t out of place there, either.

If you need another hot dog after that, you can do any variation on mustard, onions, and either sweet or dill relish. I won’t criticize, and I might follow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bite-yummy.gif
Views:	194
Size:	5.76 MB
ID:	1095558

Comment

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, this looks like Casey Anthony.
      Last edited by Bkhuna; September 17, 2021, 11:03 AM.

• kjbarth
      kjbarth commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that Megan Markle? Where’s Prince Harry?

• Porkies
      Porkies commented
      Editing a comment
      Hot Bologna Dogs, Batman! Is she going to eat all of it???

I like your style! I also, like all three set ups on the dogs. 👍

Comment

Hotdogs get Ketchup, sweet relish, and onion. Brats mustard and sauerkraut. Italian sausage gets grilled peppers and onions on a Piantedosi Roll.

This is the way.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh no, there may be a Mustard vs Catchups on a hot dog war a fixing.

At home, I either go chili cheese dog with onions or whole grain mustard and sweet relish.

Comment

I like to stab them with a fork to eat. Dip em in mayo+mustatd+catchups+sweet pickle relish.
        And of course, PBR in the clutches of the other hand.

Comment

I like the way you think, Mosca . I'd have to grow an extra stomach to eat three dogs, though.

Kathryn

Comment

If you ever find yourself in downtown Atlanta at the original Varsity after a GA Tech football game, in the crowd and chaos at the counter, the only words you need to know are that you want "Rings, two all-the-way dogs and an FO". Trust me - do not try their hamburger.

Hmmm. Times change. Their menu now calls what I thought of as the "all the way" dog as a simple chili dog with mustard. Hmmm.

Funny story. When we were dating or first engaged, and I took my wife to meet my parents for the first time, I took her sight seeing in Atlanta, and we went to the top of the Peachtree Plaza, to the revolving restaurant up there, and had a cocktail while we went through a revolution or two. I then told her I was taking her to the BEST restaurant in Atlanta. We went down the glass elevator, got my car, and I proceeded to take her to the Varsity for a hot dog. She was NOT amused... I did try and make up for it by taking her across the street to the Flavorama - the inventors of the original ice cream mix-in machine, boasting 2000 flavors combinations of ice cream...

Comment

• Porkies
              Porkies commented
              Editing a comment
              I was up at the top and rotating bar a few years back. I rode back down in the 'outside' elevator. Can't say I enjoyed that ride much at all. Nope!

There is no combination of ingredients you can put on a hot dog that is complete without onions.

Comment

Spicy mustard and sauerkraut on a steamed bun. Hotdog has to be in casing, beef like Feltmans.

Comment

I'm a chilli cheese guy or mustard, relish, onions on dollar dog night at the ballpark. However, I'll be in Chicago next month, never had (or wanted) a Chicago dog and I've got no real dog in this fight. So, (with an open mind), I'll order a Chicago style dog, chase it with a Maxwell Street Polish and report back.

I'm going to be staying in the South Loop; is Portillo's the farest representation or is there somewhere else nearby I should try?

Comment

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Based on your user name I would imagine that could be a hotdog expert.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here