Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Have Launched A New Section On Homemade sausages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Have Launched A New Section On Homemade sausages

Chef Ryan and I have been working long and hard to perfect sausage recipes for you and today I launched the section with a handful of recipes. More to come.

They look good, might try some this weekend. It might be best to ask there, but what is this from your Brat recipe?
    1/2 teaspoon of savory

Comment

• _John_
      _John_ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, not something I've ever heard of.

• Dr ROK
      Dr ROK commented
      Editing a comment
      I use savory in my brisket rub, but unlike MH's "found in most grocery stores," I have to order it online. Can't find it anywhere around here.

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      Chef Ryan has just sent me a couple of edits to that recipe so check it before you start.

I look forward to trying your recipes. Dan

Comment

The kiddees TORE UP the breakfast sausages!!!

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        YAYYY!

Thank you Meathead. This was next on my list to attempt. I found a electric meat grinder the other day.

Comment

Ground up a butt last Sunday - Got 4 lbs in the freeze, 1 1/4 lb for Pork Burgers Tonite! Below is the a low-sodium recipe for ground beef, but tonite I'm experimenting. We refer to this recipe as Law, as in "Law(d) this is {colorful metaphors} good!" 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
        1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
        1/2 teaspoon onion powder
        1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
        2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
        1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Mix all ingredients together. Form into 4 patties, taking care not to compress them more than necessary. Grill or pan fry.
        Yield: 4 Servings

Can't wait to try some of these recipes and discover more about savory,

-- Ed

Comment

Iis there one for a Louisiana hot link or Texas hot link

Comment

• Meathead
            Meathead commented
            Editing a comment
            We have both in the final stages of testing.

• jlborsh@aol.com
            [email protected] commented
            Editing a comment
            Can't wait for a Hill Country link recipe!

• TripleB
            TripleB commented
            Editing a comment
            Just what I was going to post. Want me a hot link recipe.

Cool thanks for the new section

Comment

The salmon section doesn't seem to be working....takes me to the daggummot page lol

Comment

Meathead , Would there be any type of additions to make a Smoked Polish Sausage?

Comment

• Meathead
              Meathead commented
              Editing a comment
              We have a finished recipe for Polies/Kielbasa. It needs one more test cook.

• Powersmoke_80
              Powersmoke_80 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Meathead can't wait sounds great. If you need a taste tester? Just sayin!

This is great news. Any plans for a garlic sausage recipe?

Comment

• Meathead
              Meathead commented
              Editing a comment
              Haven't made that one yet. We'll add it to the list. But the andouille and Polies are really good and ther's no shortage of garlic in the Polies.

• Dr ROK
              Dr ROK commented
              Editing a comment
              It's also called German sausage around here. It's served at all the german weddings in the area. Great sausage, I believe it beef and pork with s & p 7 of course garlic.

thanks Meathead

Comment

how's about a nice hot dog or frankfurter. I know its an emulation but really want to do them, and if you can figure out the recipe for alpine packing co. hot dogs I might kiss you right on the mouth. Ok maybe not, but they are the best tasting best texture and seasoned frank I have ever tasted. they are made in Stockton Ca. since the 50's I think, and are great

Comment

• Meathead
                Meathead commented
                Editing a comment
                It's on our list but a little low since hot dogs are so cheap.

• Dr ROK
                Dr ROK commented
                Editing a comment
                Papa Bob, you may want to try this one out: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...og-recipe.html

• Papa Bob
                Papa Bob commented
                Editing a comment
                Very cool Dr Rok thanks for the link and recipe, a new freak project for me. Meathead they are cheap but I am that freak that likes to learn new stuff and its kind of heady to do it all yourself and looking forward to your sausage recipes in my reparatory

Meathead Would you say, this is a one man or two man job for casing?

Comment

• Meathead
                Meathead commented
                Editing a comment
                Chef Ryan does it by himself. I often call in backup.

• Dr ROK
                Dr ROK commented
                Editing a comment
                I do it by myself all the time. Nobody in my house wants to touch the casings, LOL.

I have 2 picnics in the freezer. Maybe time to thaw one and make some sausage. I would love to see a couple beef recipes .

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here