Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New way to cook hot dogs (aka what will they think of next?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New way to cook hot dogs (aka what will they think of next?)

I got no comment.

Looking for a more hygienic way to roast a hot dog that doesn’t involve it rolling around on a rarely cleaned grill? Taking advantage of the Coandă effect, YouTube’s NightHawkInLight has created a bizarre BBQ alternative that instead levitates a wiener inside a red hot coil.

But how do you toast the bun??

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      The bun would be the least of the challenges here.

How would you even put the ketchup on?

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      STEbbq In Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians he says " When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things".

Biblical scholar's have concluded that Paul was referring to putting ketchup on Hot Dog's.

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      A rack to hold it open around the resistance coils would essentially be a bun toaster. But then you're just at a fancy version of this thing:

Reminds me I need to investigate if scoring hot dogs makes a difference to the end product.

Comment

"Looking for a more hygienic way to roast a hot dog that doesn’t involve it rolling around on a rarely cleaned grill? "

No, no I am not. LOL! It was entertaining to watch though

Comment

I dont mean to be a Brat but thats taking a turn for the Wurst.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw that.. lol

It’s all fun and games til someone’s wiener splits....

Comment

• TheQuietOne
        TheQuietOne commented
        Editing a comment
        I know, right? You get a good snappy natural casing it could take out a small town - or at least make a huge mess in the kitchen.

And that's why I became a physicist....

Comment

• GolfGeezer
        GolfGeezer commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait, so you became a physicist to split wieners 'cause atoms were already done?

Originally posted by holehogg View Post
      I dont mean to be a Brat but thats taking a turn for the Wurst.
      Oh come on now, don't be a weiner!

Comment

..."it all started when I didn't want to clean my grill..."

Comment

Not clickin it, Show's Over, Move Along, y'all!!!

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Sir yessire!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here