Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit master Mac and Cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RustyHaines
    commented on 's reply
    No cheddar?? Being from Wisconsin I believe this is a felony ! But you sure cannot beat Velvetta for queso dip!

• holehogg
    commented on 's reply
    + me on the cheddar

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    +3 on the cheddar - the sharper, the better, too!

• Bighorn Dave
    commented on 's reply
    Too funny. LOL

• Santamarina
    commented on 's reply
    This is how I’ve been making cheese sauce for burgers this summer. Been thinking of doing the same thing for Mac n cheese...good to know it’s a successful method!

• TNPIGBBQ
    replied
    Sounds delicious, minus the onion for me. I love cheddar and couldn’t go completely without, but it can definitely be overdone and come out super greasy.

I’ve been using this recipe recently : build a roux then add milk & a block of cream cheese, equal parts Gouda & cheddar & half portion of fresh grated Parmesan. Considering cutting the cheddar way back and adding velveta. But that’s my taste, my wife loves the stuff as is.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    +2 on the cheddar :-)

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    +1 on th cheddar lol!

• grantgallagher
    replied
    wait...no cheddar...wait...i feel like i have entered the twilight zone. What the rationale? Fair disclaimer...my question is driven by my love of cheddar.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Thank you, this is what I've been looking for, great idea for my wife's birthday on Sunday.
    She wants KFC....good grief....I'd rather eat something dead on the roadside.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    I was raised on Mac and cheese made with Velveeta, so that's what tastes right to me. However, adding a bit of grated Munster takes it to another level.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Bravo, thanks fer sharin yer tweaks!
    Sounds right tasty!

Leave a comment:

• djmdmd
    started a topic Pit master Mac and Cheese

Pit master Mac and Cheese

I have made Pitmaster MAC and cheese for 8,18 and 28. Meatheads recipe with some of the variations. MAGNICIENT. My approach ...no cheddar ,1 to 3 table spoons of adobo sauce/ chiles , 1/2 and1/2 three to one with milk , extra onion , garlic , diced green Chile’s , Panko bread crumbs on top with colorful paprika and since I am from NYC I put thin slices of Velvette cheese on top. Into the oven until the velvetta and macaroni show golden brown tips . Best ever Mac and Cheese

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo