Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spaghetti Squash--Anyone a Fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spaghetti Squash--Anyone a Fan?

I find spaghetti squash to be a delicious replacement for pasta. It is not, imo, a direct substitute/equivalent anymore than a veggie burger (some of which I also like) is direct equivalent for a burger, but it is mighty tasty. What say you?

Spaghetti squash is good
    71.74%
    Spaghetti squash sucks
    10.87%
    Meh, I can take it or leave it
    8.70%
    Ain't never tried it
    8.70%

We love spaghetti squash!

Comment

Love it. We do it regularly as a pasta replacement. Rosted with salt pepper and garlic.

Comment

I like the choices in your pole. If you would have asked about kale, the pole would have leaned heavily towards "it sucks".

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          kale no, I ain't eatin' that!

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          You might need a CPAP.

One interesting observation about spaghetti squash...the ones i get at whole foods are like tanks. Almost need a chop saw to split it. But i find they keep some crunch to the finished product which i like. Ones i get at our shoprite store are easier to half but they get a little softer than i like when cooked.

Anyone ever noticed something like this?

Comment

• JCGrill
          JCGrill commented
          Editing a comment
          I've never paid attention to where I buy them, but some definitely have more texture than others.

Biggest let down of my life, other than a 20 month marriage that was technically over 12 months into the debacle.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea I had one of those years ago, except my agony lasted longer. In fact even when it was over it was 'the gift that kept on giving'

I've done several different recipes with it. But one of my favorites is meat sauce as if it was real spaghetti.

Comment

You’re not fooling anyone into believing it’s pasta, but it’s delicious with a nice meat sauce!

Comment

I actually just like it with butter and salt and pepper or sometimes just butter and honey.

Comment

I love it.

Comment

Love it fire roasted with butter, garlic, and mushrooms.

Comment

It's good stuff. It's kind of a weird pairing with a red Italian sauce but it works out nevertheless.

Comment

My wife makes the spaghetti squash every time she cooks spaghetti, but knows to boil me a pot of good old fashioned pasta, as while I find it tolerable, it is not as you say quite the same thing as real pasta.

Comment

• Attjack
                      Attjack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It would be interesting to do a blend of squash and pasta.

Don’t make it all the time, but sometimes I will be in the store and I see the squash and so I buy one.

Comment

i liked it, or at least tolerated it, until i made zucchini noodles this summer using a spiralizer. don't think I can ever go back to spaghetti squash now. In the summertime when i have fresh zucchini out of the garden we have that instead of pasta probably 75% of the time, in the winter its real pasta all the time.

Comment

• Willy
                        Willy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We own a spiralizer (Kitchen Aid) but have foolishly yet to take it out of box. I think it's about time to follow your lead here.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here