Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cacio y pepe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cacio y pepe

Had a tooth pulled today. I can only eat soft things for a few days, so tonight’s dinner will be cacio y pepe. I’ll probably open a can of tomato soup, as well.

When I was a teenager, I would often go over to my cousin Larry’s house on Saturday night to play penny poker. I’d stay overnight and my mom or dad would come to pick me up the next day. After the game, Larry and I would make noodles with butter, pepper, and Parmesan, staying up until 2AM watching Chiller Theater in black and white. We had no idea we were making something that actually had a name!

Yes sir, best with egg noodles mmmmm....

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Got some fresh angel hair pasta from the deli section.

Originally posted by Mosca View Post
    I’ll probably open a can of tomato soup, as well.
    Love tomato soup! These days, I only make it from scratch in the crazy-powerful Vitamix. Having it for dinner tonight, in fact.

Comment

Oh man. I fell in love with cacio y pepe after i saw it on a bourdain episode. So simple and so delicious. I usually make it with linguine.

Comment

or you could try taco & beer smoothies...

Comment

• ILikePigButts
          ILikePigButts commented
          Editing a comment
          A genius is born

My first thought was when I saw your post title was "what the hell did you just call me". 😂😁
        But than I read your post. And yeah, all though I’m not a pasta person, that does sound pretty good.

Comment

For me it was Shock Theater in Detroit. I was about 10, so it was popcorn & soda. The Mummy with Boris Karlof totally freaked me out.
          I aiso remember seeing The Blob when it came out at the theaters. I couldn’t look at a vent without wondering when......

Comment

• Fire Art
            Fire Art commented
            Editing a comment
            Night Gallery nightmares

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            For me when I was 10, it was The Crawling Eye. When that little girl chased her toy across the room. Now it's silly, but when I was a little kid it worked pretty well.

Aww man the amount of Cacio e Pepe I ate while in Rome was insane! I could not get enough of that simple dish. I still need to try and make it myself.

Comment

Kenji uses two skillets. Check it out on Serious Eats. Cool

Comment

The owner of the B&B that we stayed at on our honeymoon recommended a local farm & dairy with a restaurant, so we checked it out. If I could recreate the cacio e pepe that we had at that meal, I'd probably make it at least 3-4 times every week. But I don't live on a Tuscan farm, making pecorino with fresh milk from sheep raised on the farm. I'm pretty sure my best attempt at the dish, delicious as it may be, would not come anywhere close to what we ate that day.

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Bucket list?

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here