Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled meatballs for spaghetti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled meatballs for spaghetti

My wife bought meatballs I almost forgot about. Froze them before they spoiled. On mother’s day i reheated a ham in the Primo. No big deal, easy. So today I took the frozen meatballs and defrosted them in the Primo set to
    300 on the indirect side (using the lid thermometer, I didn’t care about exact temperatures). After they thawed I put them on the direct heat side.

Meanwhile, the sauce was just from a jar with a can of diced tomatoes and a can of Rotel tomatoes and green chili peppers, with cut up leftover ham. I left or simmering for about 45 minutes with a can of IPA beer. Smoked/grilled meatballs went in, then I added 4 cups of water and brought it from a simmer to a boil. Spaghetti went in the pot with enough water added to cover it. Then back to a simmer covered until the pasta is done.

All in one 8 quart cast iron Dutch oven.

Sounds like a winner.

Comment

Intuitive improvisation is a mark of true genius!! Cheers Brother!!

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Must've had something to do with that inspiring-looking IPA!

Turned out well. The slight smoke from the defrost / reverse sear cooking on the primo and smoke flavor from the ham leeched into the pasta perfectly. And only one pot to clean up.

Im loving the primo. I don't really need the oven in the indoor kitchen anymore.

Comment

Nice. Love meatballs.

Comment

Originally posted by jgreen View Post
          Nice. Love meatballs.
          Growing up that was my favorite part of the spaghetti. My mom would fry them suckers, BARK all over them dudes.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here