Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskee's lasagna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huskee's lasagna

So I made huskees lasagna and it was amazing. I made a home made vodka, red wine, 6 hr simmer marinara. Premium meat ingredients and noodles. My dad said he'd buy that at a restaurant. Thanks husskee.
    Attached Files

Love lasagna. Mmmmmmmmm

Comment

Is the recipe available on the site? I dont remember seeing it?

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

I'm going to have to look that one up!!!

Comment

Even health nuts break down and have lasagna once in a while, right? I call this lasagna Huskee's Ultimate Lasagna since I cut no corners and spare no calories.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal Chris View Post
              Is the recipe available on the site? I dont remember seeing it?
              Yep, it's here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...lasagna-recipe

Comment

• kmhfive
                kmhfive commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the Link! I was just starting to look for it.

Sweet! Glad you liked it....although your sauce recipe sounds way better than Prego...

Comment

changed the tomatoes from hunts to San Marizano added a pour of vodka and a pour of red cab.

Butcher shop bought meats. Smoked for an hour the cooked at 350. My smoker spikes. I transferred it to the oven during the last 15 minutes.

Comment

Any sauce simmered is going to taste amazing. Thanks for sharing!!! I asked a long time ago for recipe ideas and you delivered. Just wanted to follow up!

Comment

That looks great.

Comment

This should be called "lasagne" to differentiate it from the southern "lasagna". It is the basis of "Ed's most famous" lasagne, and I highly recommend trying it, though it's a lot of work. It's especially good if you make your own noodles, but the result is still there even if you don't. I've only cooked it in the oven, but I'm getting itchy to try it in the KBQ! If you make it, be aware that several Italian grandmothers were probably held hostage until they passed it over for public consumption.

Still riding! Got a new dog, so my exercise time has been tilted more toward hiking and running. She’s very high energy. This is the magic lasagna recipe from the 1967 edition of “The C…

Comment

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This is what I'm saying. The recipes in that Time Life Italian Cooking book were yielded under duress!

• Breadhead
                        Breadhead commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't understand why people bogart their family recipes.🙄 I've always been more than willing to share whatever recipe I have.

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm the same way - I love it when someone takes a recipe or a tip and astounds themselves and their family with what they did. That's Truth, Justice and the BBQ Way!

In lieu of ground beef/sausage, etc - try smoking/sous vide/slow cooker short ribs and then shred that and include for the meat. Save some of the jus from cooking and mix it w/the red sauce. Phenom!

Comment

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Very interesting variation!

• Bruce54
                        Bruce54 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just sayin, but you gotta cook a LOT of short ribs to get ANY past the vultures and into the sauce.

• cosmo
                        cosmo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Haha just cook some extra for the vultures. The jus and short rib are usually so rich you actually don't need to go overboard. Seriously it is a show stopper.

Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                        In lieu of ground beef/sausage, etc - try smoking/sous vide/slow cooker short ribs and then shred that and include for the meat. Save some of the jus from cooking and mix it w/the red sauce. Phenom!
                        fzxdoc has a recipe for something similar, she used (I think?) brisket or maybe smoked chuck in hers. Lots of options for such a loved and versatile dish.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here