Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dinner Pasta Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner Pasta Ideas

About to run to town for provisions before cracking open a mason jar of shine. Need an idea of some kind of pasta dish all 6 of us will like. Keep in mind 2 are young kids, 5 and 6. Regulars are spaghetti and meatballs, fettuccine Alfredo, carbonate, cachio pepe, pesto, bolognaise and taglatelli, Mac and cheese. Looking for something new for them, doesn't have to be Italian or American. Keep it easy incase this batch of shine is potent, lol. Ideas?

Lawbstah mac

Comment

Cajun Ninja has a good Crawfish Monica recipe, can substitute shrimp or even chicken for the crawfish. This is basically a 20-30 minute meal. Note: I don't finish the precooked pasta in the sauce for 20 minutes like he does - it gets overcooked.

Last edited by 58limited; December 30, 2021, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I too am not a fan of overcooked pasta and to me most recipes overcook the pasta. I like it to have some tooth, al dente!

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        This Was what we settled on, thank you.

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Its a really good yet fast meal, and guests think you spent a lot of time on it and are an awesome cook

I'm a sucker for pasta in a simple red sauce (thickened with pecorino and parmigiano) with lots of Italian sausage (browned with extra fennel seeds) with sweet peppers and onions.

Comment

Simple dish my kids loved. Daddy's Famous Pasta. Jar of really good pasta sauce. Look for no sugar and real Olive Oil.

Jar Good Sauce
        1 lb 90% Ground beef.
        1/4 cup Red wine.
        4 cloves garlic mashed or Garlic Powder
        Sliced White Mushrooms.
        Salt & Pepper to taste

Saute hamburger breaking up into fine pieces
        add garlic cook 2 minutes
        Add sauce and red wine, S&P to taste.
        Simmer 45 minutes then add mushrooms simmer another 15 minutes. Serve over pasta of choice. We like gemeli. Tons of shredded parmesean.

Sounds basic but the longinsh simmer melds the flavors nicely and softens up the meat. Easy weeknight family dinner.

Comment

what about ramen or other asian-inspired noodle dish. Who says pasta has to be italian-based?

Had a terrific mexican pasta once. This was not the dish, but could be an inspiration for other ideas https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/vermicelli/ or https://www.mexicoinmykitchen.com/so...xican-noodles/ Sopa Seca de Fideo

Comment

I’m a sucker for pasta!

Click image for larger version

Name:	0FD2D4D2-E7C8-479E-86FB-6481646E93D3.jpeg
Views:	249
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	1151484

Name:	AB3EC63B-5AD1-467F-BFAE-86DD268F5B86.jpeg
Views:	243
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	1151481

Name:	F9266BD8-B1FC-410C-9306-A5110389DF87.jpeg
Views:	249
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	1151483

Name:	B2CC7DF8-5919-4DF3-94E1-22B4C938EB4F.jpeg
Views:	242
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	1151482

Name:	0F4BCBCE-5ACE-4745-BE1A-5E3463CCDBD3.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	1151480

Comment

Lasagna Rolls. One of our favorites
              Attached Files

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                Richard Chrz commented
                Editing a comment
                I repeat this everytime I see this. I would eat that and not come up for air!

• SheilaAnn
                SheilaAnn commented
                Editing a comment
                That looks like so much fun!

I love me some simple pasta salad.

Some tri-colored rotini, Italian dressing, Parmesan cheese, sweet red peppers, black olives, chunked pepperoni, chunked salami, chunked cheddar cheese, chunked provolone cheese.

Comment

We picked....uh...we picked.... what was i doing again?
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm having onion soup for dinner but all of these pasta pics are making me regret my decision.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here