Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm grinding Thursday. Beef not me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm grinding Thursday. Beef not me.

Got this today a 6+# Chuck Roast. We do P/U from local store. Advertised at 3-5#. This is a bit larger. So, the idea is/was to do 3 2# portions. Grind 2# and do Burnt Ends #2 maybe for SB and my wife gets the last 2# for whatever. My wife says, why don't you get another one next week for the B.E's. She wants to make a roast (slow cooker) to get my daughter to come over this weekend. I have no leverage on this so, I'm grindin' Thursday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210127_194823.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	981265

​​​​​​​

Sounds like yer in fer some chuckalicious eatin!

Comment

That's a good looking roast. We also use food to get the kids to come over more often. We have a standing Sunday evening dinner but sometimes do Saturday brunch, usually balina (German pancakes), to get another day out of them.

Comment

Chuck yeah!

Comment

Sounds like fun. Eating is a pleasure of life and the more so with family and friends.

Comment

That looks chucking great!

love a good burger too.

Comment

I would love to find a 6 pound chuck roast for that price. That would make a mountain of smoked shredded beef. I can just imagine all of the Birria Tacos I could make with it.

I can only find 3 pound ones or smaller. and I seem to pay around $20 for them.

Comment

Today, the new grinder arrived today. Thanks again Attjack. So I was going to get some chuck cuz I thought I only had one 4 oz. left. Tonight went into basement freezer. Well found 5 6 oz.'s. So chuck is out. I found a small brisket flat, 2# and short ribs 1.5# with bone. I thought with some reading that these could be a match. Brisket lean, short ribs fatty. Thoughts please.

Comment

We had burgers from chuck that I ground a couple of days ago. Seriously good. For the burgers I had a bit more fat than the usual 80/20. That left a pound of more lean chuck which I vac-sealed and it will be used probably next week for weeknight tacos.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieB View Post
                    Today, the new grinder arrived today. Thanks again Attjack. So I was going to get some chuck cuz I thought I only had one 4 oz. left. Tonight went into basement freezer. Well found 5 6 oz.'s. So chuck is out. I found a small brisket flat, 2# and short ribs 1.5# with bone. I thought with some reading that these could be a match. Brisket lean, short ribs fatty. Thoughts please.
                    I always try to do a 70/30 mix of chuck to brisket (or short rib). Gets nice and juicy yet gets that extra beefy flavor.

Comment

I highly recommend a chuck/brisket/short rib blend. Very tasty. Try for 30% fat (or more).

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This^^^ is what I like to do, as well... approx 60/20/20...play with th ratios to yer likin, an other times, jus use whatcha gots...it'll all be jus fine, an delicious!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here