Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheese burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheese burgers

I have been cooking burgers for years on my gas grill but today I decided to do something different, I cooked burgers for lunch on Lodge cast iron griddle with good results, here are a few pictures. We will be doing this again. This site Continues to give me new ideas to improve my cooking and I am grateful.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E3231A60-F815-49F1-9C1D-2FAAEB385367.jpeg
Views:	267
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	913183Click image for larger version

Name:	8B664BCE-E92B-49EF-9904-E38DBC61DB4A.jpeg
Views:	273
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	913184

Like you, I did my burgers on a gas grill with no regrets. Then we got a new gas stove/range with a cast iron griddle and dedicated burner. I started using it for burgers and sandwiches like grilled cheese, Ruebens, etc. Also tried pancakes, eggs, bacon, etc. Loved the way it turned out food but not enough real estate and it left a real mess on the stove. So I recently got a 17” Blackstone griddle for this purpose. Love it. No more mess in the kitchen, plenty of space for two people, and great food. No more burgers on the gasser.

Comment

• Argoboy
      Argoboy commented
      Editing a comment
      I think my griddle will stay in the gas grill from now on. Clean up was not too bad at all.

I started using a Le Creuset oval griddle on the gas grill for burgers and haven't looked back.

Comment

After a smoke I like to let my BKK rage up to 600-700, that's when I like do burgers.

Comment

Oooooh! You are about to move into a whole new world with that cast iron and burgers! Smash burger style coming soon!

Comment

• Parkin
          Parkin commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing better!

Now this should be illegal. BBQ Pit Boys. I get their feeds occasionally. Check this out.

Comment

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang, a 1.5 lb burger. The recipe looks good but 1.5 lbs? I really prefer when they make something more realistic and feasible such as a 1/2 lb burger. I make their smoked ham scalloped potatoes all the time.

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          58limited I agree! 1.5# and a whole portobello? That kinda stuff is for the Instagram! 😂🤪

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here