Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grinding burger suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TripleB
    replied
    Don’t use chuck because of the sinew.....what does Meathead know. Guys a hack.....

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    replied
    Round etc is too lean. Chuck is easy but a little monotone in flavor. 58limited's mix wold be tasty but that's a lot of fat in a burger. The link below lead to a fairly old post by Kenji but it's a good overview of what various cuts bring to the mix. Ignore his pricing as a) it's 10 years old and b) prices vary a lot by location. Oh and he's utterly wrong on brisket, or rather he screws up by commenting on the flat as if it were the whole brisket.

https://aht.seriouseats.com/2009/10/...s-of-beef.html
    Last edited by rickgregory; August 22, 2020, 04:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    replied
    I made a blend of brisket (packer, not trimmed), short rib meat, and chuck. It is some of the best ground beef I've ever had and the fat content is probably 35-40%

Leave a comment:

• Backroadmeats
    replied
    The arm roast is from the bottom of the Chuck with the front let bone probably still in it.. the cube steak I am guessing is tenderized round steak and round steak is a lean cut but would work if ya add some fat

Leave a comment:

• marshall
    commented on 's reply
    Chuck roast. You just cube it up and grind, then make cook burgers

• Hulagn1971
    replied
    I'm thinking those cuts are going to be too lean. Regarding the chuck roast, that is usually my go-to when grinding burgers.

Leave a comment:

• marshall
    started a topic Grinding burger suggestions

Grinding burger suggestions

So I have wanted to try grinding my own burgers for sometime and have read meatheads articles on it.
    . I have a quarter cow of various cuts in freezer.
    . Some cuts im not familiar with like arm roast.
    I see Meathead says not to use chuck roast due to sinew.
    the cuts i have labeled steak are cube steak and round steak...
    would either of those be good to grind for burgers? Thanks in advance!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here