Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smash burger technique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just press down with a spatula using the other hand to add pressure and don't have sticking issues.

Comment

I'm lazy. I don't like the parchment curling either but it works great. These are cheap and a lifetime supply.

Comment

I smash with the press then scrape the press with the spatula as I lift off the press.

I used parchment and that works though it can be a pain, even the pre cut squares will blow away in the wind and make a mess.

Comment

• mrteddyprincess
        mrteddyprincess commented
        Editing a comment
        This is my preferred method as well. A big spatula can scrape the top of the burger in between the bottom of the press and the burger. Works like a charm with no parchment paper needed.
        Last edited by mrteddyprincess; July 24, 2020, 06:52 PM.

I use the BallisticBBQ Ballistic Smasher with parchment paper. Technically not a full smasher but works well and you can get a more unified shape.

Comment

Use two spatula's one on top of the other push down and if it sticks I scrape it off.

Comment

Best press I’ve found

Get those perfect grill marks!  Our steak press is made out of carbon steel with a stainless spring handle to help protect you from the heat.

Comment

Two spats. One bigger than the other.

Comment

As others done said, two spatulas works well, with a bit of practice...

Fer visuals, go check out any Sam th Cookin Guy's Burger episodes on YouTube.
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 25, 2020, 04:57 AM.

Comment

I don’t use spatulas or paper. Just press down, hold a few seconds, then start turning/rotating the press slowly 70-90 degrees and lift. Easy peasy.

Comment

At your suggestion, Mr. Bones , I watched The Cooking Guy's videos. He has two Smashburger versions, 1.0 and 2.0. In the second version, he grinds his own meat instead of using storebought 80/20.

Version 1.0. I like the sauce and the onions on this video better:

Version 2.0, very wordy, so watch at playback speed 2.

Thanks for the recommendation, Mr. Bones!

Kathryn

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Always a pleasure to be of any assistance, Milady!
                    Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 25, 2020, 04:58 AM. Reason: Ficksed my punktiation... ;-)

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here