Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyond Burger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyond Burger

Sacrilege. Blasphemy. Heresy. Maybe? I’ve been trying to expand my choices and have tried Beyond Burger and Impossible Burger at fast food chains. They have both been pretty good but nothing great. We picked up some frozen Beyond Burgers at Costco a while back and grilled them on the Weber. The whole family really loved them, much better than the fast food ones. Granted, in the past week I’ve cooked chicken and bison ribeye on the Weber so I don’t know how much that came into play even with burn offs and grate scrubs. The price was $15 for 8 patties so you can get 2 lbs of beef for less. The price will come down as these get more popular and familiar. We’ll be getting them again.

Take a look at the fat content and the sodium content. You're better off eating beef.

Comment

• snowswamp
      snowswamp commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I did check after reading your comment and compared the nutritional values for similar serving sizes (4 oz of Beyond vs 3 oz beef 85% lean). The sat fat is nearly the same. Beyond has no poly, mono, or trans fats where the beef did. The sodium is MUCH greater in Beyond with 350 mg and 55 mg in beef. These values will also vary with beef type (80/85/92, etc) and the size of your burger. So it depends on what your looking for. I posted because it was different and tasted good. 🙂

• patcrail
      patcrail commented
      Editing a comment
      snowswamp Just FYI, but poly- & monounsaturated fats are the healthy fats, like you find in nuts, olives, avocado... saturated has gotten a bad rap, misplaced... trans fat is the big no-no, it’s effectively banned here.... so the fact that the beef has poly & mono are positives. If you’ve got trans fat in the ground beef, you really need a new meat source

I’m not against it, but I want to see your video 22 years from now when you retaste meat! (sarcasm!)

Comment

• snowswamp
      snowswamp commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha!! Oh, I’m still smoking brisket, chickens, and pork for sure. 😀

I, fer one, appreciate yer review, an sharin yer experience. Thanks, amigo!

I ain't gonna rush out, anytime soon, an buy me one, most likely, but I still try to learn all I can, might have a guest or summat that has specific diet requirements, someday. Oh, I know multiple ways to make non meat burgers, but jus buyin some would definitely be way easier...

Sacrilege. Blasphemy. Heresy. Maybe?
    Nah, I jus don't see it thataway, at all.
    If it was good food, an yall enjoyed it, then it's Jus Fine, in my book. Job well done, Sir!

No rules in th kitchen, hmmm.... now, jus who have I heared say that?

(course, I have, jus recently, posted pics of boilin some ribs...)

Comment

Nothing wrong with eating plants, except i usually cook some meat with it.

Comment

I too really like the frozen beyond burgers you can get at the store. It’s something I’m definitely comfortable serving when the vegetarians stop by and would myself eat more if they were cheaper. They really hit the spot on fridays during lent!

Comment

Well, it took me awhile, but in my astute awareness I realized we’re talkin about somethin vegeteranian here. It might be nice & that’s fine & dandy. Yup, fine & dandy.

Comment

The way I see it, if you make one regular burger, and one beyond burger, then slap them on a bun with a slice of cheese in it, you get all four food groups in something that's all cheeseburger.

I'm 100% in

Comment

• patcrail
              patcrail commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol 😂 ... although I prefer my burger veggies to come from lettuce, onion, and maters!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here