Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"cut-specific"-burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Cut specific" burgers?

Anyone else have access to something like this?

I saw these in my local Weis market. No photo, but they’re pre-formed burgers, 5oz each, 20oz for $8. The hook is, they’re labeled: "rib-eye burgers", NY strip burgers”, and "brisket burgers". There was also a pack of chuck-brisket blend.

The brisket ones are fattiest, as you might expect, maybe 75-25; the rib-eye and NY strip look like about 85-15 or so. The blend looked about 80-20.

I picked up a pack of the chuck-brisket blend, we’ll eat and report. I’ll go through them over the next month and we’ll find out what’s what.
    Last edited by Mosca; November 11, 2019, 02:42 PM.

There are brisket, rib eye, Chuck, sirloin and waygu available prepackaged here.

Comment

Never seen it before. I have seen specialty patties made up with bacon, jalapenos, onion, etc, but never a specific cut like that. Anxious to hear what you think.

Comment

I bought something like that at Costco this year. It wasn’t a mix and for the life of me I can’t remember what the cut it was ground from. I didn’t like it - not enough fat for a burger and very dry. I’m going to see what you get and what you think.

Comment

Part one: Prime rib burgers.

I pushed them very flat; I’m doing them all as smashers, because that’s the way I like them. Lean, but not dry. LOTS of red juice on the flip. Very firm. Definitely recognizable as prime rib, but that’s because of the label.

Interesting. An excellent burger, but I think the others are going to be better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5FF42C2D-6B47-4583-857F-957A6EC84ED6.jpeg
Views:	209
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	768705

Name:	9156D131-F937-4A4E-9104-B78463B9B620.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	768706

Name:	631E6C1E-7502-45A2-A42E-650D618F2395.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	316.3 KB
ID:	768707

Name:	C95E3F59-7D36-4E45-810E-94A301DFBB5E.jpeg
Views:	192
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	768708

Name:	0F0DC336-8AAD-4B6E-9C4B-8970E38EC0EF.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	768709

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            Caprese tomatoes. The tomatoes were small. Mrs Mosca has a condition that she can’t eat too much tomato, so I unbalanced it toward the buffalo mozzarella.

• parkerj2
            parkerj2 commented
            Editing a comment
            holy red onions! hope you got some good toothpaste!!

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            Onions are life!

Good looking burger! Vintage corell plate, I ate off of that design as a kid in the 70s

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, those Corelle plates are great, until one shatters into thousands of tiny needle shards.

good looking. I have found that prime rib burgers to not be too beefy. My favorite is short rib or brisket.

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            I have some brisket burgers, and some brisket/chuck blend. The brisket/chuck blend has been my go-to for the last year, I get it fresh ground at Wegman’s.

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Mosca ground brisket is good in everything, lol

I don't remember who, but there is one o/l meat purveyor who sells semi-custom blend ground beef. They have a lot of choices, and you pick which ones you want.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here