Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Cheeseburger Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Cheeseburger Day!

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Just saying.

I'm planning a smash burger with chanterelles, fried shallots, and Cremeux de Bourgogne.

Comment

I was a day early! Had burgers last night for dinner.

Comment

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. So I had another for lunch today.

Same here fttank Nice big ground chuck ones and some nice sharp cheddar. I had been seeing the National Cheeseburger Day promo but it never gave the day. Oh, well

Comment

Had not planned that, but, who am I to turn down a smash burger tonight.

Comment

Bit late in the evening for me to take it from national to international. But everyday should be cheeseburger day.
          I do make cheese smash burgers most days.
          Didn't today though.

Comment

I really need warnings on this type of thing...we plan meals out through the week to avoid lots of grocery store trips (not to mention not having to think about what's for dinner at the end of a long day)

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              We should have a sticky posted a week ahead that we can all post our creations in.

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed, telling me the day of something just don't work.
              ….mind you if you told me about this last week I'd probably forget about it....
              that's why my anniversary date, Sept 20, is written on the fridge door.

Gee I thought it was on Tuesdays.....

Comment

I had no idea. Luckily, I still celebrated by going to Freddy's Steakburgers for lunch!

Comment

Headed here for the best burgers in the world! Lion's Tap!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	images-1.jpeg
Views:	185
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	745072Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg
Views:	172
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	745070Click image for larger version

Name:	images-2.jpeg
Views:	181
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	745071

Comment

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh you know it man! They are the same as they have always been. I've been going to The Tap since the late 80's! Backroadmeats

• Mark V
                  Mark V commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Matt's Bar.

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good spot too. Mark V

By coincidence, the retired guys I eat lunch with monthly picked today for lunch. We all got cheeseburgers. 🍔🍔🍔

Comment

Well, if you insist!

Comment

Just finished my honor to the day. Stuffed burger. Sweet onion, cowboy candy and smoked Colby. Brined for a couple of hours and course pepper added. Smoke pepper jack melted on top. No bread. Grilled red potato seasoned with salt and smoked paprika. And a nice full bodied Zinfandel. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190918_190957.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	745121Click image for larger version

Name:	20190918_190926.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	745120Click image for larger version

Name:	20190918_191805.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	745122

Name:	20190918_192020.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	745123

Comment

Made it in, under th wire, to celebrate th Day...cooked up some 6 oz., 85/15 ground chuck, jalapeño pepper jack burger, in th ol #10 Lodge...

Name:	20190918_205320 (Custom).jpg
Views:	168
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	745173

Name:	20190918_205544 (Custom).jpg
Views:	180
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	745174

Name:	20190918_205553 (Custom).jpg
Views:	164
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	745175

Name:	20190918_210146 (Custom).jpg
Views:	174
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	745176

Name:	20190918_210153 (Custom).jpg
Views:	188
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	745177

Comment

• JimLinebarger
                        JimLinebarger commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Kinda what we did tonight also w/o the sauce. Didn't think of it until I plated mine. Never have burger buns on hand. One day I will make Meathead's brioche recipe. I put shredded sharp and smoked gouda in the burger. Also ground up some dried shiitake and porcini mushrooms and added to the mix. Did smashed burgers and crust was the best I ever got it. I still haven't figured out thicker burgers like you got there. Work in progress.

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hope yer burgers were super tasty, Brother!

No sauce, on mine, either...cooked burgers in browned butter, after splash of Worsh Yer Sister, sprinklin of Montreal....scraped loose th fond, after pullin, spooned a bit on my burgers...
                        JimLinebarger

• JimLinebarger
                        JimLinebarger commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Mr. Bones Well they look good to me that way. My burgers were good enough for my wife to tell me they taste like crap and to never cook them that way again. That be high praise 'round these parts. As per part of yur 'xplane nation, I use to be close to my sister, but not close 'nuff to worsh her. lol

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here