Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burger King Impossible Whopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aside from all the processing and health concerns (and the fact that meat is awesome) I was reading something recently about why so many restaurants are adding options like this. One restaurant owner was talking about how the vegetarian options on his menu only accounted for a small percentage of his sales so he removed them. When he did that the overall sales went down fairly significantly. The reason is it isn't just an individual vegetarian deciding to eat elsewhere. If the vegetarian is with a whole group (business lunch, family, etc.) the whole group decides to eat somewhere else. So by removing the vegetarian options they were missing out on all the sales of the people eating with the vegetarian also.

These restaurants aren't trying to convert us to eat these fake burgers or even give a meat substitute. They are just trying to capture marketshare from other competitors. Right now if a family with a vegetarian in it is looking for a place to go for dinner they can now choose Burger King or Carl's Jr and there is an option for the non-meat eaters they wouldn't get at McDonalds or Wendy's.

Comment

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      Well said.

Glad someone wrote what I was thinking...

(And that's not even brining up the fact that these all taste like cardboard.)

Comment

And some more balanced common sense here: https://heated.medium.com/the-intern...s-fc412ce1c356

Comment

Just put a fried green tomato sandwich on the menu. Done right they aren't bad.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          A most excellent idea, prob be most popular in more Southerly locations...

Mosca Thanks for posting!

I know the extreme environMENTALists are pretty worried about cow farts.... I’m curious though what impact an increase into Human Farts will have on the environment since beans may become a more consumed protein source.... and we all know how that catchy little song goes!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL, reckon th Guvmint be all a comin, an put a cat con on My tailpipe, fer sure!

Might be terribly juvenile of me, but still love that song!

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m sure Leslie in your parks and rec department has done a thorough study of the subject.🐂

Thanks for posting. I’d rather eat Soylent Green.

Comment

My favorite animal is "steak"!

Comment

Impossible tastes spot on to a very lean beef patty. Is similarly as disappointing as a 90-95% lean beef burger.

Comment

Another article regarding the Impossible Whopper and the burgeoninng plant based meat products/market: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/21/c...mate&smtyp=cur

Comment

The theological aspects of plant-based and cell-cultured meats...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, that was a very interestin, an informative read, Brother!

I suggest that everyone on this forum take a long, hard look at the meat you purchase on a regular basis before you get on the "i eat real food" train.

Comment

Donw and The Big Gator Apparently Soylent Green is already available and it's a mint chocolate drink!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Soylent-Mint-Chocolate-Green-is-Mint-1024x483.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	754771

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here