Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Fun Read on Over Smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Fun Read on Over Smoking

“I love you and I think you’re a great cook... but this is the worst thing you’ve ever made. Ever.” That was Emily, my wife, dealing me a cold, hard, necessary truth.

i seen ‘at, was going to link it, instead I’ll give you a thumbs up!

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      When I first started smoking, I served a few meals where everything was smoked, even the desert. My lovely, long suffering wife, made it very clear that was a no no moving forward.

Funny! But yes, I've found out that when every item is smoked it can be a bit too much. And, IMO, burgers aren't something to be smoked low & slow, it just doesn't do a burger justice. Grilled with smoke, sure! I have a recipe I created for a smoked lasagna, and I smoked the sauce in shallow pie pans before building the whole thing and discovered that's completely unnecessary, much the same as this fella discovered.

Comment

That popped up on my phone's search engine. Sometimes too much is too much.

Actually I tried smoking my hand one time so that everytime I lifted my fork I'd get a whiff of smoke in every bite. Got to be a little too much smoke, plus it hurt, so I quit doing it. Thought I'd share that.

Comment

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        Cold smoke it next time, it's less painful.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Or soak in liquid smoke?

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        Bingo! Liquid smoke and it lasts longer. You can also dab a couple drops behind your ears.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here