Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Savory funnel cake burger ~ ok THIS is the greatest Burger EVER!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savory funnel cake burger ~ ok THIS is the greatest Burger EVER!!!!!

It all started with a sous vide burger at 132 degrees while I prepped the rest.

Funnel cake:
    • 1/2 a cup AP flour
    • 1/2 a teaspoon baking powder
    • a pinch of salt
    • a pinch of sugar
    • a few twists of black pepper
    • 1/2 an egg ( beat an egg and take half of it
    • 1/2 a cup milk
    • About a tablespoon melted butter
    Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl then add the wet to dry ingredients and mix well.

Heat oil to 350 degrees and place a ring mold in the skillet (holds the cake in a perfect round form). Pour the funnel batter in the ring and fry it up. Take the ring off when it's ready to turn

Set aside to drain while ya fry another one.

Now I thought to myself I said self! You already have hot oil, why not fry the Sous vide burger patty. Then I fried it

Yeah Let's just make this my last meal, twice fried fries

So to put it all together, I spread some Kewpie Mayo on the bottom Funnel, place the burger patty, sliced up some Brie cheese, bacon.
    This was one of the best things that I have ever stuffed my facehole with....

OH YEAH!!!
    Last edited by David Parrish; March 17, 2015, 07:20 AM. Reason: Keep language family friendly please.

OMG .. That looks awesome!! You should be setting up your own restaurant/BBQ joint man. You have some killer ideas

Comment

Thank you cdd315 My own restaurant, nah! The world doesn't need another restaurant, it needs more home cooks

Comment

• cdd315
        cdd315 commented
        Editing a comment
        tru dat!!

Incredible. Restaurant or no restaurant, the world needs more funnel cake burgers!

Comment

My apologies, I got overly excited, my language was off.

Comment

OMGoodness, Ernest. That's a meal worth taking Lipitor for!

I'm glad you enjoyed it--looks like a winner.

Kathryn

Comment

LOL!!!! Thank you fzxdoc . Apart from cardio exercise, a heart needs a test every now and then.
            That was all fried in duck fat, no hydrogenated crap was used.

Comment

• smarkley
              smarkley commented
              Editing a comment
              Duck Fat... If I would have mentioned that to my cardiologist she would have thrown me out! Physically!

I bet it was awesome though

Comment

smarkley one of the best things that I have ever stuffed my facehole with!!

Comment

Very creative! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

No words!

Comment

I'm having my last cook on Sun the 17th, for a while & you have given me some ideas. Looks great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here