Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another impromptu jalapeño cheddar brat burger cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks delicious! Lately I'm finding myself preferring my brats as a patty rather than a link. The browning on the surface adds more complexity to the flavor profile than you can get from a cased link.

Also, that's an impressive lineup of cookers you have there!

Comment

• MattTheGR8
      MattTheGR8 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been making my own brats for years, so the patties show up during a stuff whenever the casing runs out before the meat. Lately, though, I've been setting aside meat just to make patties since they're so good.

You've got me beat on cookers just with that lineup, I can only imagine the rest of your collection!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Makin my own is definitely where I'm headed, small batch wise...gots me a grinder fer my KitchenAid, nope, it ain't no dedicated LEM, but will serve my purposes until / unless I outgrow it, later on...

• MattTheGR8
      MattTheGR8 commented
      Editing a comment
      The Kitchenaid grinder is all I've ever used. It will work great for you as long as you keep the meat cold and trim out the gristle before you grind.

i can't believe how good those look

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Me, neither, Amigo! I must be one Lucky Ba$tard!!!

Thanks fer them kind words!

Mr. Bones so how does one obtain bratwurst burgers? I’m used to the regular links like Johnsonville. Do you just grind them up and make a patty, or does someone sell these patties pre-made? These look great, and I’m just getting my gears turning on how to make it happen...

Comment

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      Johnsonville makes brat patties. I think I've usually seen 'em in the frozen section, but haven't looked for 'em in a while. Might hafta, though.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, been workin outside all day, only git a spare minute, at breaks to git on my phone, check Th Pit...
      Thanks fer yer kind words, Brother!
      I buy th brat burgers at my local HyVee; they make summat like 27 varieties* of brats, an brat burgers, though mostly I git jalapeño cheddar...dang, are they ever GOOD!!!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      * some I've had / can recall: bacon cheddar, beer, jalapeño cheddar, fresh pineapple, fresh pork, green onion pork, pizza seasoned, chorizo seasoned, Budweiser Discovery Reserve, Hatch chile pepper jack, several yardbird varieties, etc

Had a few left over, fer later/ work lunches...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190711_212216 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	428.8 KB ID:	716659
    Lunchtime jcbb, with side salad, peppercorn ranch, parmesan, an pizza...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190712_113640 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	477.2 KB ID:	716660
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190712_113649 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	416.8 KB ID:	716661
    gotta watch my weight, yall...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190712_115214 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	485.0 KB ID:	716662
    Dang good sauce; Justin B. brought it in, available at Aldi's...I usually don't sauce, but it was a great pairin, with my burgers, so I dunked a few bites...mmmmm! ...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190712_115231 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	502.7 KB ID:	716663
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 20, 2019, 02:52 PM. Reason: fixed fat fingered acronym jcbb vs jccb...

Comment

I'm on the hunt now for those brat burgers. You've made them look so delicious, Mr. Bones . Thanks for inviting us to peek into your cookout and onto your plate. It was a yummy excursion.

Kathryn

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        So they're all sausage--not sausage mixed with ground beef. Am I getting closer to understanding the components of this elusive delicacy? FireMan and Mr. Bones

Kathryn

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes'm, all sausage was what I cooked up, here...they also have several yardbird varieties, but I rarely git those...no ground beef is involved with these, jus brat mixture, that is pattied up into burgers, instead o stuffed into casings...
        Sorry to have seemed elusive, or mysterious, I jus A$$umed these were commonly seen, everywhere...
        fzxdoc Milady

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the further clarification, Mr. Bones .

K.

Mr. Bones sadly I’ve never seen that brand. The nearest Hy-Vee to Alabama is probably Kansas or Missouri....

Comment

Hy-Vee definitely makes some of the best BROTS you will ever eat.

Comment

I need to make some brat patties again.. I made a bunch of spicy pizza brat patties years ago that were really good.. they a a nice heat to them and mozzarella cheese..I also bought a patty maker a few years ago and have not used it yet.. hopefully my meat locker is up soon so I can try it out. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190720_142230.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	717578

Comment

• Backroadmeats
            Backroadmeats commented
            Editing a comment
            Benn trying to build it for three years.. jumping through hoops for the county the health Dept. And the USDA.. concrete is supposed to get formed today ..sign all the final papers on Thursday or Friday.. then it is a race to get it up by deer hunting.. that patty maker is supposed to crank out 1200 1/4 pound patties an hour with patty paper between them..

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice hope all works out.
            Is the patty maker pneumatic?

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Wowzers!!! I can fully appreciate alla th red tape involved, an th physical / financial barriers involved with construction. Watch "The Money Pit" sometime, lol!
            Havin worked many years on production line / factory automated equipment, natch th first thing I thought of was "What a Shiteful mess that patty-maker'd be, if it funks up, mid-run!!!!"

NOW a question for our resident brot expert Mr. Bones.
          I broke down and bought a 17'' Blackstone Griddle.
          Brot burgers on the grill are freaking awesome but wondering what they would be like on the griddle SMASHED!
          This little griddle has kind of disrupted my grilling the past few weeks as smash burgers seem to be in demand at my house.
          Brot smash burger worth a try or a hard no?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            To paraphrase my friend, David Lindley, in a non-profane way that'll be acceptable, here...
            Note, Dave was usin his very best, an a truly credible Jimmy Stewart

Wail...Harley...Are ya ready???
            >answer:Yeah, Dave...
            Wail, then, Harley...Let's Us Do This, Then...
            > Okay, Dave...
            An, an..., an....
            Harley?????
            >What, Dave????
            Let's us, Let's us jus do th @#$% outta it, okay??? I mean...
            >Kay, Dave...

Reckon, mebbe ya hadda be there, but it was one FUNNY moment, an yall know I grade TOUGH, huh??? :

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Smash them Bad Boyz, an give us all pics to drool over, sittin on th Edge of my seat, cause I jus knows ya gonna right slamma jamma me some Kaycee-Moe, all up in heah, Brother!
            btw: I certainly ain't no credentialed, much less self-acclaimed expert, at nuthin that I can discuss, publicly...nuther 3 decades, reckon all yall might, finally hear what we done...

I had th last of them jcbbs Sattiday, an it was still mighty dang good, lotta juice an flavour...
          Here it is, right outta th icebox, afore a hot date with some brief, gentle reheatin, an flippin in th nukerator...
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20190720_215017 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	504.9 KB ID:	719488
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20190720_215041 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	613.5 KB ID:	719489
          After reheatin...still very moist an juicy...
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20190720_220633 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	625.2 KB ID:	719490
          though I ate ~half of it plain, I used some spicy brown mustard to dip in, as well...
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20190720_220755 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	453.6 KB ID:	719491
          Th mustard was a very good choice...
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20190720_220801 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	444.2 KB ID:	719492
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 24, 2019, 06:08 PM. Reason: + a t, - an r

Comment

Last of th bite pics...
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20190720_220929 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	563.1 KB ID:	719496
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20190720_222629 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	467.3 KB ID:	719497
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20190720_222635 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	456.0 KB ID:	719498
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20190720_222652 (Custom).jpg Views:	1 Size:	447.0 KB ID:	719499
            Good thing I haveta hit th store, tomorrow...

Comment

fzxdoc , I can’t speak for Bonsey’s territory / Hy-vee concoction. But in these parts there are no brat hybrids. A brat is a brat, pattie or link. Now one can sprinkle other goodies in like jalapeño or habanero (which I just had & were outstanding) or cheese/pepper and call em Packer brats or whatever else you have. But a brat is a brat. Now, them over there in the heartland callin em burgers just might be a language thing or maybe it may have a little beef in it. If it had beef in it around here you would be arrested, tried & convicted & receive 40 strokes with a long string cheese.

Comment

• RickyBobby
                RickyBobby commented
                Editing a comment
                Preach!

No beef, here, jus pattied up brat mixture...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Whew, thanks, Brother!
                I'll readily admit was gittin bout as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room fulla rockin chairs, listenin to em poundin away, nailin up that brand-spankin new gallows, right outside my window...
                FireMan

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Always willing and ready to come to the rescue. Matter of fact, it’s my middle name FRM! 🕶

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                I promise not to genericallly, at least intentionally, include this in my posts, from henceforth, until such time as it might, suddenly, become financially viable!
                (Re: Middle (R) Initial) ...^^^^^^
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 24, 2019, 11:17 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here