Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burgerless BBQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is kale involved?

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      yep, along with coconut oil

Personally, I think he's over thinking it. He's being invited over for free food and social interaction. He should be happy about that and ask if there is anything he can bring. For pig-pickins I always have hotdogs for the kids who are are a bit squeamish seeing a whole hog on the smoker.

Comment

Solution....bring him over for a "bbq" make a brisket, pulled pork and other smoke proteins. Just before it’s time to eat, make 2 burgers and 2 dogs. Then serve him the burgers and dogs and everyone else the other proteins.
      Position a rake with the tines face up in front of you on the ground, and as he comes and get the plate from your hand, step on rake (timing is everything at that point if you mis judge we’ll ya gonna be hurting) but if done properly, well, he’ll understand.
      And remember it didn’t happen without the pictures

Comment

Make one burger for him then "accidentally" drop it in his lap when you serve it to him. Or go the civilized route. Turn it around on him and start arguing about his definition of burger. Percentage of fat to meat... bread crumbs? Milk? Egg? Bacon added? What kind of meat? Cheese? Buns? Order of toppings? Condiments? Whatever he says argue the opposite. Once he sees you can't find common ground on even a definition of "burger" tell him to put his semantics to rest and come enjoy some good eating.
        Last edited by Michael Brinton; July 20, 2019, 05:19 AM.

Comment

barbecue

verb
          bar·​be·​cue | \ ˈbär-bi-ˌkyü \
          barbecued; barbecuing Definition of barbecue

(Entry 1 of 2)

transitive verb

1: to roast or broil on a rack or revolving spit over or before a source of heat (such as hot coals)
          2: to cook in a highly seasoned vinegar sauce
          3informal : to subject (someone) to harsh criticism or ridicule

Comment

Just my two cents. None of my friends or coworkers, all good old boys from the South say "come on over, I'm having a barbeque". Nobody calls a get together a "barbecue". If there's sausages, burgers, chicken, etc. on a grill, we all say "hey, I'm grilling on Saturday for the game". Again, nobody refers to grilled stuff as barbecue.

Steaks = grilling
            Burgers = grilling
            Brats/franks/chorizo/Linguica/Italian sausage = grillin', grillin', grillin, grillin', and grillin'.

Disclaimer:
            The information contained herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable. However, no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information is implied. No liability is accepted for errors, omissions or inadequacies in the information contained herein or for interpretations thereof. The reader assumes sole responsibility for the selection of these materials to achieve its intended results. The opinions expressed herein are subject to change without notice.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here