Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burgerless BBQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokin fool
    replied
    Cook em a veggie or a plant based burger, that'll shut him up....

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    If you light a fire outside, and use it to cook, then you have a bbq. What you are bbqing on that fire is irrelevant.

That being said, he was probably just trying to pull your buttons. Push your chain. You know. Messin’ wit’ ‘cha.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    commented on 's reply
    +3

• JoeSousa
    replied
    Test him on that. Invite him to a bbq, cook up some ribs and butts, wear an iron cup, and watch him break his foot when he kicks you.

Leave a comment:

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    Are you sure we're not related?

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    +2

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Reckon he's entitled to his own opinions, an definitions, though I don't feel myself mandated to share them, much less comply...
    I'd simply use his own words:

He then goes on to say that if he was invited to a BBQ and then no burgers were there he would kick me in the jimmy and leave.
    an Not Invite him... Let him hear from other coworkers how great it was...

Hail, reckon, if it was me??? I'd even make some burgers, to rub it in... Doubtless, I'd also bring some in to work, microwave em fer lunch, so he could smell em, too...

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    + 1

• Dan Deter
    replied
    Personally, I'd say that burgers are not BBQ. They are grilling, and very tasty, but not BBQ. But that's just me.

Leave a comment:

• Arsenlael
    started a topic Burgerless BBQ?

Burgerless BBQ?

This is dumb but caused a fairly lively discussion at work: Work pal claims that one cannot "have" or "host" a BBQ without burgers - basically claiming that it isn't a BBQ unless burgers are part of it. I of course tell him that he is nuts and claim that anytime one is BBQing it is a BBQ. He then goes on to say that if he was invited to a BBQ and then no burgers were there he would kick me in the jimmy and leave.

Besides needing new friends, thoughts on this admittedly asinine conversation?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here