Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMASH BURGERS from the "Founder"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMASH BURGERS from the "Founder"

I would kind of like one of his presses.

I want a burger, now! 🕶

Comment

I have seen this before. Good video! Wish I could get one of those presses.

Funny story about Tom Ryan, the founder of Smash Burger, and one of my high school buddies, Brett.

Brett was on a flight home to Minneapolis, and sat next to Tom Ryan on the plane. They started talking about what they did for a living...etc.

Tom Ryan told him he was the founder of Smash Burger.

Brett goes, "Really? I love that place. Great burgers!"

Tom Ryan said, "Thanks" or something like that.

Then Brett follows up with, "I love how you guys offer peanuts for people to eat when you are waiting for your food, and you can just throw the shells on the floor. I love it"

Tom Ryan pauses for a sec and says, "That's Five-Guys"

Brett: "Damn"

Didn't really talk the rest of the flight. LOL

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Too funny. Love me some Five Guys for the simple reason I get to tell them what to put on the burger and I don't have to get a lawyer to get some crap off my burger, not to mention the upcharge I automatically pay for cheese.

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve never been to five guys. Spinaker That’s hilarious!

The burger doesn’t smash as much as the press is lipped. It’s more of a semi smash rather than a press. Smart!

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah! I thought it was hilarious. LOL

I did notice the semi smash. I might have to pick one of these up to see what I like better. HouseHomey

That particular press is probably only made for smash Burger. Blacstone has one similar:

Comment

• Cheef
        Cheef commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the link.
        Ordered.

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        RonB I doubt it, proprietary, patented products are almost non-existent in this country.

What-a-burger

Comment

• Cheef
        Cheef commented
        Editing a comment
        Freddy's outsells the What-A Burger 10,000 to one in Kansas It is a Kansas company.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        In-N-Out.
        Jus sayin.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Cheef Freddies throws down some great burgers; Loves me some o their matchstick fries, as well!
        Lil pricey, fer fast food, but they make with th Quality, ime...

Just the opposite in Texas. My son is a Freddy’s manager, good but not my favorite. Now if you want to talk about Concrete, oh boy !!!!

Comment

I’ve eaten more in n out than any man should have Mr. Bones

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          --->>> In th window of most cars, when I was Homeported outta 'Port Who Needs Me', (CBPAC) fer many years:

In-N-Out-Urge...

Mebbe, it's different, down HB way???

I dunno; been like 4 decades since I resided in SanDiego...

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Not much anymore. I remember working at Bristol n Civic Center (8th st) and magnolia n the 22 fwy in GG back when.

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones Cutting off the B and the R was quite popular way back then. In and Out finally changed their sticker so you couldn't do it anymore.

Found an original with two of the replacements on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/IN-N-OUT-BU...-/253146904422

Current offerings: https://shop.in-n-out.com/ino-sticker-set-037.html

Building the first In-n-out in Houston about 5 miles from my house...can’t wait. Haven’t had one in a long time

Comment

I have 2 of these from BallisticBBQ at the 10mm depth.

These are the sizes, some are sold out tho:

5mm/0.2" for 3 oz (currently sold out)
          8mm /0.3" for 4 oz/quarter pounder
          10mm/0.4" for 5oz/standard size
          15mm /0.6" for 6+oz (currently sold out)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here