Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do we post for veggie burgers? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up some Jackfruit. I'll give it a go sometime in the next several days.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you need to make a durian burger

• Hugh
      Hugh commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought those went into D24 Durian McFlurrys? https://qz.com/quartzy/1343935/mcdon...orld-actually/

I will serve those and make it more of a brunch

I'm also thinking I could use my Sous Vide on the Beyond Burgers...no use messing up the environment with all that charcoal

I make these all the time for my wife and daughter. My daughter likes to substitute the balsamic vinegar with soy sauce. They are good!

She also loves the name of the site. 😀

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah portabello "burgers" are good. I've also grilled them and used then as buns for a beef patty.

• Hugh
      Hugh commented
      Editing a comment
      Mudkat - this looks delicious and simple. I'll be trying them. Thx

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Enjoy them! Hugh They are good for meals or sides.

But this is the best veggie patty I've ever had. And I eat them often. I grill them on my grill grates like a hamburger.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180812_172654.jpg Views:	1 Size:	654.9 KB ID:	673314

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190502_180213.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.37 MB ID:	673315
    Last edited by Mudkat; May 2, 2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome looking.

Comment

Little late getting to this thread. I'm a red and white meat eater. I must have my meat, like daily. Don't care how good or bad it is for me, I'm almost 70 years old and don't give a rip about opinions over it.

Now having said that, I like a good tasty veggie burger every once in a while. The Beyond burgers are a forget it for me but many that I've tried, especially portabello are pretty good. Not something I'd eat everyday but a good change of pace.

Therefore, I declare this a veggie burger cook-off. Let's post some recipes and slick pix. We'll select the most creative of the bunch and submit for entry on the free side of the site !!! Make ya famous, guaranteed !!!

Comment

• Hugh
        Hugh commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in!

• Hugh
        Hugh commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman - I didn't end up doing veggie burgers for my daughters when they were in town. Turns out my vegetarian daughter had to be at a wedding shower. When I suggested a veggie burger to my other daughter she said "Can we have steak?". I love that girl!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I declare you a proud papa, kudos to you sir !!!

I'd recommend going with a beyond or an impossible. Even though I would not eat one, seems like the easiest route without working a completely new recipe.

Comment

ground chuck, 80/20 with lettuce, tomato and onion

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          For a veggie burger recipe?

Yep, post them here in burgers. Beef, turkey, veggie, moonrock, whatever. There will of course always be some cheeseburger talk that will slip over into Beef, or turkey burger talk that will end up in Poultry, but burgers should really go here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here