Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ye old burger, maybe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ye old burger, maybe.

FWIW category, maybe. Got home late this evening & needed to cook somethin up tonight. I had some ground chuck, so I made some burgers. An idea that was rolling around in my head (dangerous). Maybe this has been tried, don’t know, but a different twist for me anyways.
    I salt & peppered one side due to my plan on cookin em. Fired the Napolean up on high, everything. Got my Griswold out & heated it up. Put the bergs on the grill & brought them to 115 approx, meanstwhile, put a third of a stick of butter in the CI. Then started a process that brought the patties to 145 in the butter, flipping em a couple of times. Then, come s my favorite part, the sear. Had the side burner searing lit up on high & brought the burgers home on the Napolean sear. I probably mentioned it 17 times afore, but I love that thing. The skillet was on the searing burner also, so it was hot.
    I got the idea of this manner from a couple of sources. Combined them & it turned out pretty good. Wife loved em. No pics, to tired, plus my pics of food are dwarfed by most here. I know it sounds like a lot of work for a burger but, that’s the kind of tinkerin I like to do.

Sounds very good to me. I don't mind the work if the results are great, or if someone else is doin' the work.

Comment

How many cocktails did it take to brainstorm this tasty treat?

Comment

Very cool, Brother!
        Bon Appetit!

Comment

Sounds like a winner to me. Meat and butter!!

Comment

It really doesn't seem like too much work to me.It does sound very tasty and worth it!!!!

Comment

Love some burgers. Nice little twist.

Comment

Meh, no pics, didn't happen.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
                  Elton's BBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes.. Agree..

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know, I know, I thought of pics when I had finished eating. I also realized I hadn’t eaten since a breakfast sandwich at 5 am. I was at the hospital 1/2 the day for a friend who had open heart surgery. The rest of the day got away from me.

I agree...meh. But I do like a good burger

Comment

I think it was rigged!🍔

Comment

I don't believe you had that breakfast sandwich either! 😆

That burger sounds great!

Hope your friends okay.

Comment

Sounds like an excellent way to make a burger.

Comment

MMMM-butter burgers - I'm in!

Comment

@Bob’s BBQ that’s part of the idea. The butter burger recipe I’ve seen slathers the butter on the bun. Then I saw a video where someone dips a rib-eye in rendered butter that sears it then cooks it to temp. So I figure cook it on the grill then do everything else in reverse, then frying them in the "juice", lovely butter, then searing them. My wife is my best critic & likes mu bergs. I held one out from the process. She tasted it & said "wow what a difference." I will tinker with it some more, always trying for the ultimate burger.
                          Last edited by FireMan; March 15, 2019, 05:59 AM.

Comment

butter basted burgers... might be onto something. a little garlic in the butter too.. .

Comment

• FireMan
                              FireMan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes! Garlic! Yes! 👍 Gracias.

• bardsleyque
                              bardsleyque commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Man, I was going through this thread,and I thinks butter.....

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here