Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green chile cheeseburger recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green chile cheeseburger recipe

Sorry. No pic. They got ate too quickly. But here's how I do burgers with a Southwest twist.

Mix the sauce
    3/4t chile powder
    3/4t chipotle powder
    1/3c mayo
    2T ketchup
    4 cloves garlic, minced

I like to give the sauce at least a couple hours in the fridge to come together.

For burgers (mostly) standard Meathead procedure (per lb)
    1/4t garlic powder
    1/4t onion powder
    1/4t black pepper
    I add 1/8t ground cumin for these (per lb)

Salt and grill as usual. Top with your choice of cheese. I've used white American, cheddar, queso, etc. I kind of like American on this one. Top your melted cheese with green chiles (the canned chopped stuff is fine), bottom your toasted bun with the sauce.

You're good to go, or add more toppings to your liking.

Cheers

Note on the sauce: You can use 1.5t chile powder if you don't have chipotle. It's still great. The blend is better though.
    Last edited by EasyMoney; February 19, 2019, 07:20 AM.

Sounds pretty tasty. Thanks for sharing. I’ve been looking for a different burger recipe. 👍👍

Comment

Yum! Thanks fer sharin yer methods, ingredients, receipt, etc., Brother!

Much appreciated!

Comment

That sounds like a tasty burger. Thanks for sharing

Comment

EasyMoney I tried your recipe yesterday and it was amazing! I asked my oldest son if I should change anything, and he said no lol. Took 4lbs of ground beef and was able to make (12) 1 1/2" thick patties

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            UnstableVeteran Sounds like we should hang out, Brother!

Many Thanks fer yer Service, from a ol recoverin Air Det Seabee
            ~~~===<<<(((S)))>>>===~~~

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Mr. Bones we definitely should brother, and thank you for yours 👊. I decided to double the recipe for what goes in the meat, and tossed in the green chili's as well. Saved the juice from the can and added it to the sauce. I'll let y'all know how it turns out

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds right dang tasty, I'll stay tuned in, Brother!

Put sauce on top and bottom. It was awesome!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Why do you call it Green Chile?

Comment

• jgreen
              jgreen commented
              Editing a comment
              There is one step in there that says to top the melted cheese with Green chilies. That would be my guess.

• dugmik
              dugmik commented
              Editing a comment
              I think you're right. I missed that.

Thanks for the recipe. Next up when it's burger time.
            Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here