Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new way to cook burgers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new way to cook burgers.

Interesting. As best I can tell this device is custom made for Chef Masa.

Geeee, I wonder who will be the first to add this to their CI collection.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Its a iron maiden for your kitchen!

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too - I just can't think of anyone that interested in CI.

Love it!!!

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      So do I!

Well dang it now I want one.... or eight

Comment

I like smoking the entire burger at the end! Even without the Iron Maiden, you could do a smasher and then follow with the smoke. Ten seconds, they said.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
        Frozen Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        I've smoked my burgers first and then finished them on the flat top to get the char but this is a different approach I like it!

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        I've got a drawer full of takeout chopsticks.

What fun. I want two of them.

Kathryn

Comment

I did a search, I found that these are custom made for Chef Masa by Nambu Cast Iron in Japan. Not available for us plunkers. BUT, I am certain that someone here can adapt and overcome!

Comment

Mosca, I swear you find and share some of the best stuff around! Not only was the burger gadget fun but I had a heck of a chuckle watching the group in the video interact. It was a fun way to start my day. Thanks, as always.

Comment

This is going to drive a certain someone crazy to not be able to acquire this piece!

Comment

He needs to brand and sell them...
              cash in on the outdoor cooking and bbq craze before the next thing comes along.

heck he could make a mint just by joining the pit and selling them to us.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
                Frozen Smoke commented
                Editing a comment
                Should forward this video to Lodge I'd bet they might make something if they thought we'd all buy it. Basically a waffle iron only using the spikes instead of the waffle pattern. It probably isn't copyrighted as it's just a toy for the chef.
                If it is you could make something close enough without infringing on the copyright or patent.

• Nate
                Nate commented
                Editing a comment
                Frozen Smoke I was wondering if anyone at Losge had seen this yet.

Reminds me if my Toast-tite.

Click image for larger version

Name:	toast-tite-sandwich-grill-Product-mi19713-a-1.jpg
Views:	3383
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	594240

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
                Frozen Smoke commented
                Editing a comment
                You’re almost there with that piece. Take it to a fabricator and have the spikes welded in and Wa-La!

Oh, those are jus Way.Too.Cool!!!!

I really want them, an now!!!!

Comment

Hope Hope Hope someone comes up with these.
                6 of them and a Hast Bake and my outdoor cooking needs are DONE!

Comment

Nice. This looks just like a cast iron potato baker I envisioned for potatoes in the campfire. It was after i took my good friend camping at big sur and he laughed his head off as I removed the foil from fire baked potatoes and saw the totally black charred skin (though the potato itself was just fine). I actually designed a 3D concept for this baker with Solidworks as I was learning to use the software. Not sure where that file ended up, but probably is on some old computer stashed in a closet. I guess I won't be able to patent this idea now that I shared it here. Maybe someone can make one (Lodge, are you there?)

Comment

How about indiegogo.com or the other crowd-sourcing company?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here