Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLIDER HISTORY and RECIPE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLIDER HISTORY and RECIPE

I’m anxious to try The Ever Elusive White Castle Stuffing recipe featured in the Nov 14 ’18 edition of Smoke Signals, but with no White Castle within 700 miles and the grocery store frozen version being just NASTY, I found the solution.

Here’s a link that contains a short history of and a further link to a recipe for Sliders.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/h...slider-at-home

I’ve tried it and they’re AWSOME!

Neat!

Comment

Man, I grew up eating those. Now I am in Krystal country, but they don't compare with the Castles. IMHO, that is...

Comment

Love these little burgers. I mean......who doesn't love a Crave Case at 2 AM?

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Got the munchies bud? Wrong kind of smoke...

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          If I am up at 2 am, that is usually the case. LOL texastweeter

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Heehee!

Gosh I miss those little burgers. Growing up in Chi-town I literally ate thousands of them (along with Vienna hot dogs but that's another post). And as Spinaker says, at 2 am after the bars close I'd eat a bag full, with a large coke and a loud burp I'd be good to go !!! Best hangover medicine on planet Earth !!!

Comment

"Buy em’ by the sack". Greatly missed those little suckers. There is one "Castle" in Wisconsin it’s over 2 hours south in Kenosha. Every time I’m heading through or to Chicago I stop, buy a sack & then on the way back, repeat.

Comment

You guys are making me hungry for just a "little" burger. Never tried Castle but sure will if I see one.

Comment

They are decent. In the Metro Detroit area we have a couple of non-chain small burger joints that do them much better than White Castle.

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Ooooohh....that sounds like a challenge!!!!!

I never was impressed with them. Gimme a bag o' MacD's or Rally's/Checker's burgers instead.

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Booooooo !!!

That's cool - you can find the 'how to make at home' recipes for almost anything.

I can't go by a White Castle without my dog throwing a fit, thanks to my wife.

"I'll take two cheeseburgers please, and please hold the onions and pickles, and all the condiments".

Huskee maybe my dog can explain just what is endearing about White Castle's, cuz I don't know either. Too bad we can't get In 'n Out.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                I've never had an in&out either. Or 5 Guys.

Little Brothers Burgers in Royal Oak, Michigan does great burgers and sliders.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here