Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The vote is in smash burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The vote is in smash burgers

smash burgers win 3 to zip over the highly praised sous vide burgers They were good but the smash burgers steal the show with the voters it’s a texture thing. Which I have noticed with all the meat dishes I’ve cooked. But Sous vide cooks a mean soft boiled eggs which I eat for week day breakfasts

There is tons of flavor in the malliard reaction. Smashburgers maximize the overall percentage of that flavor.

I do smash style at lest ten times as often as the thick burgers.

Comment

• Fire Art
      Fire Art commented
      Editing a comment
      I read your post to my wife and she agreed

seems intuitive that fire and smoke need to be in there as part of things at some point...

Comment

I love this. Some days I just need a good old fashioned smashed burger on a bun x 3 patties. That is the beauty of the smash burger. Sometimes I want a slightly rarer burger that is big and fat. I prefer the skinny burger more often than the other but on the days I want a fat burger you can't talk me out of it. For SV - It is the only way I will do a stuffed fat burger now. I could never eat a rare burger before SV.

Comment

tbob4 You just nailed the beauty of smash burgers - want more meat? Make a double or a triple smash burger for your bun.

Comment

I just made them two nights ago on my griddle. Nothing fancy...three ounces of meat in each patty and drop on the the griddle. Smash down and weight with my cast iron sandwich press and add salt and pepper. Flip a minute or two later and add cheese. I made double smashes. Fast, easy, and the wife loved them.

Comment

How do you do your SV soft-boileds Fire Art ?

Comment

• aladdin4d
              aladdin4d commented
              Editing a comment
              Personally I prefer 167 F for 13 minutes but 143 F for 45 minutes is what J. Kenji Lopez-Alt recommends. With his version, you crack the egg into a bowl and use a slotted spoon to lift it out letting the loose outer white fall away. With the hotter temp, the outer white sticks to the shell and inner white is a little firmer.

• Fire Art
              Fire Art commented
              Editing a comment
              145.5 for a 1 1/2 hrs cool on counter put refrigerator till needed I do 1 or 1 1/2 dozen at a time reheat in Microwave for 47 seconds

Ah, the beauty of being a human, with choices of methods to suit our mood!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here