Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg in Burger Mix Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    No egg for me unless I'm going down the meat loaf road which is a road I need to travel down again soon. I have been known to put diced onion or jalapeno in my burgers. The biggest change in my burgers came when I bought the griddle. Haven't grilled a burger since.

Leave a comment:

• phrogpilot73
    replied
    Instead of egg, when I last ground my own meat - it was a little lean. So I added some pork fatback. Holy hell did that taste good.

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    Originally posted by HouseHomey View Post
    Please, Just don't do it. However... Meathead has rules... "No rules in the kitchen or bedroom."
    Perhaps not, but you might need a safe word if you start putting eggs in burger grind.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Bogy Sir I live my life confused. I caught that "Rust" purely by accident. Thank you for noticing. Funny with the rust though.

• Bogy
    commented on 's reply
    I'm glad you fixed that HouseHomey , because I was confused as to how rust would help.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    True Dat, Holmes HouseHomey !
    We must
    We must
    We must increase our crust!

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Bogy abhh.... the crust is a must. That fixes a lot o things.
    Last edited by HouseHomey; June 30, 2018, 07:43 PM.

• Bogy
    commented on 's reply
    One of our daughters absolutely hated meat loaf. But if we mixed up a meat loaf recipe, and then patted the mixture into patties, and fried them like burgers, she gobbled them up.

• OSB
    commented on 's reply
    I like burgers many ways but those are some very solid guidelines to roll with.

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    First time I ever added egg to a burger patty, reckon I was long bout 10-11 yrs old. Got th receipt outta th back of an ol library book on cabooses, hence th appropriate name: "Caboose Burgers".

When I showed th receipt to my Ma, she slightly cocked an eyebrow, but patiently indulged my curiosity, an I made em fer Supper that night (Had some bread crumbs in, as well).

Well, they was jus fine, served up, as writ, with taters, an gravy, on a plate...
    I don't rightly reckon I would do em up as a hamburger type sammich, though...
    Apples vs oranges, kinda sorta...

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    But a nice egg on top of the burger? That's a winner!

• Skip
    commented on 's reply
    Soooooooo HouseHomey are you saying no egg?? I just wanted to be sure I understood you correctly. Lol!! Ha ha!

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    I like what you’re saying Lonnie.
    To me a binder equals meatloaf. That’s not what I want in a burger.
    I will also agree with HouseHomey
    Start with the basics and tweak from there. But only one tweak at a time.

• lonnie mac
    replied
    I would advise no eggs. Just the very fact that adding any binder means that you have to over work the meat to incorporate it. Burgers are handled gently. Without over working the meat, you will yield a great juicy burger that will stand up to itself.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder77
    replied
    I have done them both with and without binder material. I like them better without, my wife likes them better with. S a source of family discord.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here