Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite burger cheese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite burger cheese?

For turkey burgers I prefer either a thick layer of provolone or Havarti.

For beef, I like sharp cheddar, Havarti, or colby/mild cheddar.

But my absolute favorite for beef burgers is good ol' American, the processed pre-wrapped stuff, like Kraft singles. Best burger cheese methinks.

You?

Sharp Cheddar, Swiss, Pepper Jack...
    Often, all three!
    Great Post, Brother!
    I'm excited to see where all it goes!

Comment

Jarlsberg ... the Norwegian version of Swiss.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Jarlsberg is really good!

American or cheddar unless I can find some rye hamburger buns, then Swiss.

Comment

What Mr. Bones said. ☝️

Comment

The white stuff, I think they call it American. Whatever Applebee's put(s) on that mushroom bacon burger.

Comment

Even though it is not "cheese"... Kraft Singles are hard to beat.

Comment

• Nate
              Nate commented
              Editing a comment
              Jerod Broussard heck yes in the can stuff! Give that and some Ritz crackers!

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              I had a bogus can at work, COULD NOT GET ANY OUT. Threw it in my lunch box, came back hours later to a lunch box full of cheese and a freaking empty can.

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Jerod Broussard that's hilarious!! That happened in my trunk. No Bueno man! Cheese all in some rope I had back there.. dang! That stuffs like $27.50 a can to boot. Not really but not cheap.

Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, blu cheese. I I think that is how you spell it LOL

Comment

Just not a nice question. No can do.

Comment

• Juddlight
                Juddlight commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with ya homey

Swiss,white aged cheddar

Comment

Cheddar, Mozzarella, Swiss and Pepper Jack. I buy them by the block and shred it myself and put a handful on on the burgers then I cover them so til cheese gets real gooey.

Comment

Any kind? Depends what kind of burger Im making? Everything from Colby Jack, blue, pepper jack and swiss. Can't think of one I don't like honestly.

Comment

I'll probably get some flack for this, but I'd even go with Velveta.

Comment

• Nate
                      Nate commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sounds interesting and worth a try

• treesmacker
                      treesmacker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Whoaa, I haven't had Velveta for a while, what with the natural health craze, but let's not rule this out! We just enjoyed a grilled Velveta on sourdough and must say it was very satisfying. What a great thing Kraft has done with introducing Velveta mini-blocks; individually wrapped small blocks of Velveta five to a package. Very convenient, and don't have to deal with that great block..

• treesmacker
                      treesmacker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Velveta WILL melt onto that burger soooo good...

Plain 'ol deli american cheese. Don't need to get fancy, maybe just some lettuce and tomato. As far as I am concerned hamburgers are a fictional construct. Only cheeseburgers truly exist.

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Amen!

For just a regular old cheeseburger (especially if I’m cooking at home) nothing can beat a slice of Kraft Individually Wrapped American Processed Cheese. If I go out to a burger joint I do like a nice mushroom and Swiss burger. And there is a trendy hipster burger place I go to sometimes that uses Brie. It’s pretty tasty.
                    Last edited by Obi-Dan; June 10, 2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• treesmacker
                      treesmacker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agreed, American makes great, but I also like to experiment with others - pepper jack, provolone, bleu cheese, jack, cheddar, etc...

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here