Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thoughts on Turkey burgers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't overcook and add some cheese, bacon, avocado, ranch,nor other source of fat. They can be delicious!

Comment

You know, you can put a silk purse on a sow's ear, you can even paint her lips with lipstick and tie a bow to her ear, but at the end of the day, she's still a pig.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Or a turkey, as the case may be.

• HorseDoctor
        HorseDoctor commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup! If you gotta dress anything up like that to make it taste good, I question why you would start with it in the first place???

It's been a while for me. There are some good sounding meatballs above. 😀 I took a lesson from my lamb meatballs and my Greek keftedes and the burgers were real good.

1. Grind your own turkey thighs, the ground turkey packs are crap.
      2. Add in sautéed vialia or other "Sweet opinion." Well sautéed in butter or ghee color is good here
      3. Fold in full fat ricotta about 3 ounces at a time with spices and herbs
      (Toast cumin seed, pepper corns, coriander seed and grind while warm.)
      ( chopped flat leaf parsley)
      4. After folding the meat left it rests in the fridge well covered for at least an hour..
      5. Form patties and lest rest well covered again.
      6. Salt patty and cook slowly. Low n slow
      7. Use a garlic lemon aioli. (A mayo with lemon zest and roasted garlic.)

I hope this helps next time.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds more like great turkey meatballs than burgers! But hey, you _are_ Der Burgermeister! So I'll listen!

OR .... just make you one of these

Click image for larger version

Name:	homey burger.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	508644

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh man that looks fabulous!! I'm starving!

We make these all the time, came out of weight watchers cook book

Turkey and Cheddar Burgers

Makes 4 servings- Weight Watchers Recipe

1-1 ½ lbs. Ground turkey
      1 small zucchini, shredded
      ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
      ¼ cup minced red onion
      ¾ teaspoons salt
      ½ teaspoon pepper

Mix all together, shape into 4 patties, and cook as any other burger.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here