Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe I'm missing something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I'm missing something...

The article on steakburgers highlights the reverse sear method...but the video in the article shows the burgers being cooked over direct heat.
    Here's everything you need to know to make the best thick juicy crispy steakburger hamburger you ever tasted. This reverse seared steakhouse burger recipe produces perfectly cooked burgers with rich steak flavors, a wonderful smoky undertone, perfectly seasoned interior, and enough juice to soak the bun.

With reverse sear you set your grill up for 2 zone cooking, initially cook indirect to to about 10-15 degrees short of your desired temp, let the direct side heat up as hot as it can get (turbo mode), then finish to your final desired internal temp. It might have been expedient to show just the "flamey" part in the video. It is the fun part.

Comment

Yup! It's exactly like CaptainMike says. Just set up your grill for 2 zone cooking and don't overthink it. It's just a burger! World freaking class....but still just a burger. Rock on....

Comment

Thanks guys, yeah, I've used the reverse sear method on many a splendid speak over the last couple of years....which has won many friends over. Haven't done it yet with burgers as Meathead suggests. But the related video shows what appears to be a raw burger patty being placed on the direct side. Confusing. But I'm gonna try cooking some indirect and see how they turn out.

Comment

Probably just did that for the sake of photography.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here