Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wagyu burgers on the new Lodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagyu burgers on the new Lodge

Click image for larger version

Name:	9319C3EE-8CE9-47A1-BA43-9FC837B7CD79.jpeg
Views:	177
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	499257Click image for larger version

Name:	20D9F266-C7E3-45F1-B9A2-83F9EB6808B9.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	499259Click image for larger version

Name:	EBB6FF4F-DAF6-43A3-B1E2-02E76820E76F.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	499260Click image for larger version

Name:	195EF3DA-D94C-4213-AE76-F8F55A52F06D.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	499258 Aftering following the great threads here about the Lodge grill I purchased one but haven’t had a chance to use it much. When my wife requested I make her some well done homemade french fries for Mother’s day, I decided to pair those with hamburgers made from some wagyu ground beef I had bought from Crowd Cow. The Lodge was fun to use and I used ATK’s method of making the fries starting with cold oil. I seasoned the burgers with just salt and pepper, and they turned out moist and delicious.

I know the fries might look overdone, but that is how she likes them and who am I to argue with a woman who has put up with me for 47 years and counting.

Congrats on your new Lodge and the burgers look great.

Comment

Great lookin' cook.

Comment

Looks great! First time I have seen the Lodge. I will have to check it out.

Comment

If I had a lodge in the woods I wood definitely get a lodge for it.

Now I am starving for a home cooked burger.

Comment

Sweeeeeet. 👍👍👍👍👍

Comment

Looks very, very good. My Lodge is still in the box. I’ve had it for about a week. Trying to figger out how I can introduce it to my family (my other cookers & my wife). 🤔

Comment

• BBQ_Steve-O
                BBQ_Steve-O commented
                Editing a comment
                That's funny! I just earned myself a trip to the penalty box for not being able to say no to a pretty little offset I met at a garbage sale last Saturday. My philosophy: There is ALWAYS room for another BBQ. My wife doesn't agree...strongly.

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Your acting like it's your mistress or some long lost relative? Break that puppy out and let's get to grilling !!!

• Fire Art
                Fire Art commented
                Editing a comment
                All my grills seem to be getting a long but my wife is going to make m add moor pavers to the Patio

Bet those burgers were awesome. Nice cook.

Comment

I hate to say it, but I never had a wagyu burger.... are they worth the extra $$$?

That does look yummy!
                Last edited by BBQ_Steve-O; May 13, 2018, 11:13 PM. Reason: I meant to compliment his fine work, but I'm easily distracted *squirrel*

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I ordered some SRF burgs about a year ago when thy were half off or maybe 60% or something. They were very good. IMHO they weren’t worth the dollars. My wife said they were up to par of what I make usually.

Looking fabulous! 😎😎

the only thing missing is the 17 tablespoons of mayo I put in my burger. Man I love burgers. How was the beef. Worth the cost? Many of us have the same question about the cost of that quality of meat. Please tell me it was amazing!! Don't burst my bubble.???????

Is that lump coal? Curious as to how much coal you used?

looking great my friend!

Comment

I approve! Nice job!!

Comment

I understand about the mayo. Being originally from eastern NC, mayo is our mother sauce that goes well on everything, in excess!
                    The cost per pound was about $11.00 and I divided it into 3 burgers. We thought it was well worth the cost because they were great burgers. I’ve had burgers in fancy restaurants costing much more that weren’t half as good. iMHO.
                    HouseHomeyBBQ_Steve-O
                    Yes that is lump. i only used about 5-7 small pieces to get a thin layer on 2/3’s of the bed. I was afraid that the fat from the wagyu might cause a lot of flareups, so I wanted a safe space to move them to. I really didn’t need to worry.

Comment

I'm sure the burgers were really good but I'm scratching my head trying to justify a wagyu burger. I mean the whole idea behind wagyu is the extreme marbling which is just really the fat content. When I grind meat I specifically add fat to the mix to achieve the fat to meat ratio I desire. In other words I can pretty much duplicate wagyu using a lessor cut of beef, say brisket, and some saved fat. Just my opinion, but I feel like saving money to achieve the same result is the way to go.

Comment

Don’t mean to hi-jack this thread, but to Troutman, jgreen, & BBQ_Steve-O it took me the winter to quell the storm over my Napolean Rogue. So the winter cookin & rotisserie makes everything fine. Now another cooker? I have to sharpen up on the "all saws cut wood" theme coupled with "your feet sure look purdy in them shoes" discourse. Practice, practice, practice! Right now its tucked away in the garage.

Comment

• Troutman
                          Troutman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I hear ya FireMan we all have to work the system sooner or later. I just spent a small fortune on a Mother's Day gift so guess what side of the roster I'm on ....

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here