Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of something Beautiful (Fingers Crossed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking Great from here!

Comment

Very good write up, (and pics).

Comment

They sure looked good. Good write & neat how you tested & came up with a "next time" solution.

Comment

Great idea!!! Couple questions. Did you desalinate your store bought corned beef before grinding? Looks like a pice of flat. Looks awfully lean for burger. Would a corned point work better???

Comment

• ssandy_561
            ssandy_561 commented
            Editing a comment
            I rinsed the corned beef but did not soak it. I like salty. It was a flat. There was a pretty good fat cap on the one end. It maybe was 85 - 15.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            I am with you, Doc. I wonder if using point would be a better move. Plus, corned points are the best part!

My biggest complaint about burgers in most restaurants is the bun falls apart. The more you put on the burger the worse it gets. Brioche and challah seem to hold up better than most, but even those are problematic when there are lots of toppings. I guess what I'm saying is, good luck! I hope the next one is more to your liking!

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed, a decent bun can do wonders for a burger.

I wonder if adding just a smidge more fat to the mix would help with the dryness, and keep the flavor? I have plenty of cubed fat from my last brisket, I think I will try this out. I wonder If I can get some custom baked rye burger buns from the bakery.. I will try this out in the next couple weeks and see how it works out.

Comment

I just did this this past weekend myself! I corned a brisket and used half for St. Patrick's Day dinner and turned half into pastrami. I desalinate for 24 hours due to dietary reasons (funny to watch my wife salt the corned beef!). The half I used for corned beef I stole some from prior to cooking and ground it. Made Rubin Patty Melts with Jewish Rye (I prefer that). Out of this world good. I'll be doing that again.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Those are definitely on the agenda!

Nice write up ssandy_561 I'm sure you will get it just right.

Comment

Excellent post and great photography! Good use of the Blackstone griddle. Was that bread Pepperidge Farm Deli Swirl? I've used it before and it's good stuff. I like a good kaiser bun for burgers they seem to hold up pretty well and you can really pile on the toppings.
              I've been using my griddle more and more. Did breakfast this weekend on it. I will never grill a burger again after using the griddle.

Next time use a melting dome on the griddle to melt your cheese. Put a couple squirts of water under the dome to create steam and really melt that cheese quickly.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here