Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best burger seasoning??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best burger seasoning??

okay let’s hear it. Best bbq season made from scratch!! We are having a New Years bbq tomorrow and I want to do burgers. I haven’t found the perfect recipe for seasoning yet and would love to get advice from you guys!!

Honestly, for me its salt and pepper, smoke, and a wicked sear. But I expect Big Bad Beef rub would work if you want something more.

Comment

Likely your right on that. Was thinking maybe a bit of garlic as well or something. Not sure though

Comment

Tony Chachere's right before you put them suckers on the grill.

One day I need to do a brisket with it.....apply 3 days before blast off.

Comment

I lightly sprinkle with a bit of onion salt and garlic salt, then (still lightly) with dried basil (which I crush to a powder between my finger tips.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	heavem made.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	432207

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey DW. I checked out their website. Some really interesting stuff in there. But I cain’t seem to find an ingredient list for any of their products. Or what exactly each rub/seasoning is for.
            Seems like you have to just go with what the name is and trust it’s what you’re looking for.
            Any insight??

• lonnie mac
            lonnie mac commented
            Editing a comment
            I LOOOVE Heaven made. Basically theses are all low salt, and each can be used on anything you wish. The new Brisket Rub is dang good. Cooked my ribs yesterday using Amazing Cajun. Really stand-out rubs in my book. I have them all.

• John Henry
            John Henry commented
            Editing a comment
            @DWCowles: Thanks very much for this recommendation. Have been looking for a low-salt option at times when I fall behind making my own AR rubs. The ingredients look great; will give this a try.

Here’s the ingredients list for "It’s Incredible" Steve B Click image for larger version

Name:	1FF33795-E846-4AEC-8643-DFE15BF1E2C6.jpeg
Views:	483
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	432232

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            DWCowles and jgreen thanks. Looks like really good stuff. Even lonnie mac approves 👍
            Gonna have to try em out.

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve B their Mexicajun seasoning is great on chicken

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            I love a little beef and chicken fat in my Rub.

Here is a shot of the ingredients. Hope you can read it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0257.JPG
Views:	451
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	432235

Comment

I seem to go through a LOT of Morton's Natures Seasoning for all manner of meats. I've even cobbled together a salt free version for instances when something has been previously dry brined.

Comment

Lawry's Seasoned Salt, Granulated Garlic, Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning. A good dusting of each on both sides of the burgers. This is my go to for burgers, everyone in my family loves it. It sounds like a lot of seasoning but it turns out great for our liking. Let me know if anyone tries it and what you think. Good luck and Happy New Year!

Comment

Danny's Pub Burger Seasoning

Ingredients
                • 1 Tbsp paprika
                • 1 Tbsp dry Worcestershire
                • 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
                • 2 tsp dried toasted minced onion
                • 1 tsp salt
                • 1 tsp Black pepper, fresh, coarsely ground
                • 1 tsp garlic powder
                • 1 tsp Colman's mustard powder
                • 1/4 tsp ground cayenne

Directions
                1. Combine all dry ingredient in a small bowl.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
                  Powersmoke_80 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for that one! I had dried Worcestershire in the cupboard and forgot all about it on the one I made close to that for last nights burgers

kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion, and MSG (accent)

Comment

* Salt and pepper
                  * Penzey's Prime Rib Rub
                  * Montreal Steak Seasoning sprinkled on the top right before searing for a good crust.

Comment

I keep a shaker with 2 parts Kosher and 1 Park Penseys Coarse Ground Black Pepper and it is the only jar I grab when I'm going to the grill with burgers or pork. Salt and Pepper and that fabulous live fire!

Comment

Salt Fire

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here