Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's settle the burger debate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's settle the burger debate.

You may have read about the burger emoji debate going on right now. If not familiarize yourself with story then take a stand.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/30/...i-google-apple

What's the correct order of the cheeseburger layers?​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_50507.png
Views:	205
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	404174
    Last edited by Attjack; October 31, 2017, 02:00 PM.

So the cheese has to go on top of the meat to melt. Therefore the Google burger is ridiculous. Meanwhile the Apple burger has put the lettuce under the meat, and the tomato on top of the cheese. I don't think I like that. Why break up the vegetables? The Microsoft burger seems to make the most sense to me, and it's how I've pretty much always built a cheeseburger. However if pickles are involved I like them on the bottom just below the meat.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Add my vote here.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      I dunno - lettuce on the bottom can prevent or slow down the bottom part of the bun from getting soggy, but then the juices can drip off the lettuce - unless it is shredded...

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      A slather of butter on the bottom bun and then a quick grill or griddle will keep the bottom bun dry. No need for lettuce at all.

Well I can tell you that the bottom cheese can be in if there's more the one slice.

for those pictured above. IMHO YOU ARE CORRECT. don't like lettuce n bottom? In n out burger is off the list for you then.

the golden rule #1 of burger is .... you have 8 fingers on top to handle stuf and only 2 on the bottom.

there are more rules should you want to know.

Comment

Initially I was confused by the lettuce, but it makes sense now, since I dont want the bun right now. So, my vote is for Apple.

Comment

They're all wrong. Find one with a slice of onion.

Comment

EdFkmhfiveComfortablyNumb Attjack

let HH make you a burger. Burger construction is completely dependent upon topping, meat and bun.

That thing is half the size size of my head. And I have a big head. 😀

Name:	IMG_0159.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	404224

Comment

• RickyBobby
            RickyBobby commented
            Editing a comment
            Where can I get a HouseHomey burger?! Looks amazing brother!

• W.A.
            W.A. commented
            Editing a comment
            I vote for HouseHomey

• Baltassar
            Baltassar commented
            Editing a comment
            That's the one!

In this case, Apple comes closest. ( but HouseHomey nailed it )

Comment

Lettuce on the bottom because that keeps juices from soaking into, and destroying, the bun. Cheese on top of burger so it melts and wraps itself onto the burger. Tomato on top of that.

Apple wins.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
              ComfortablyNumb commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, if I can't have onion, I'll cast my ballot with ecowper for all the reasons he gives.

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              The good thing about this is that the bun never gets stuck to the cheeseburger, so you can easily add onion ComfortablyNumb

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              I voted HH but second is Microsoft. I like it when the juices from the burger makes the bun all gooey.

They all taste the same to me.

Comment

What I don’t like is when the lettuce wilts from the heat of the burger...gotta be a separation there. I vote Microsoft.

Comment

No green stuff no tomatoes must be greay and dripping. Cheese in the middle of the burger, or hh's burger

Comment

Is it me or does Apple have a larger 8oz grilled patty while Mr. Softie has a, 5 oz SV burger without a Sear. So does the cheese and lettuce really matter if the the Sandwich holds, and is a cohesive unit of taste, texture and flavor?

Respctully i submit that most people dont don't know how to eat a burger.

Once you pick up a burger you should never , ever put it down again unless the safety of your burger and the loved ones around you depend on it.
                  if your so amature that you can not hold a loaded burger through the end may I suggest you start with lettuce, toms, bacon and avocado and learn your letters from there.

burger and sandwich construction is an art form and should be respected. Just like the pit, "no rules rules in the bedroom and whatever makes your boat float."

I can make it.

HH

Comment

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ooooo. So HH not going to like "my way". Cut that sucker in half, ok, hold on until that half is finished. A man still needs time to shovel some fries or chips into his gullet between halves.

• HouseHomey
                    HouseHomey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nothing but respect and Love brother!,

I leave the rabbit food off my burgers. Give me the beef, the cheese and bread and I am good!!

Comment

Personally, I am over having salad on my burgers. Too squishy. And cheese; on top, please.

Name:	1032013231292.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	404343

Comment

• hogdog6
                      hogdog6 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I totally with Ron Swanson

• RickyBobby
                      RickyBobby commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Like the old Jack In The Box commercials when they released the bacon ultimate cheese burger..... from the bottom up, "Meat, Cheese, Cheese, Meat, Cheese, Meat!"

• Epicnemesis
                      Epicnemesis commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It was in this moment I knew I was home on these forums.

HawkerXP I don't always shovel fries and chips into my gullet, but when I do.... I'm holding a whole burger in one hand.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                      HawkerXP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You HH are what I can only strive to be. I grew up hearing it takes two hands to handle a whooper!

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Brother HH has sizeable hands, burgers, an' head...as well as Mad Skillz!!!
                      Look here at Exhibit A, compare to dinner plate burger is anxiously awaitin' fer me on...

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here