Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried my iteration of the fondue burger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried my iteration of the fondue burger

This was inspired by a man vs food episode that featured a restaurant in New York called Clinton Hall. It's basically a burger and bun with a hole in the middle where you can insert fries and drizzle the cheese and topped with the "burger hole" and more cheese. I'm not a baker so I used a glencarin whisky glass to make the holes in the burgers and buns. I used heavy cream, American and cheddar to make the molten cheese and the burger is 80/20 with some ground bacon, fennel, Frank's hot sauce and other seasonings. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171007_161804.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	391781Click image for larger version

Name:	20171007_164457.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	391782Click image for larger version

Name:	20171007_164910.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	391783Click image for larger version

Name:	20171007_172144.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	391784Click image for larger version

Name:	20171007_172241.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	391785

Interesting, how did you like them?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Scott View Post
      Interesting, how did you like them?
      They tasted great, my son said they were the best burgers I've made but you could probably get nearly the same result with some wiz cheese 😁

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s Cheese Wiz in some other parts of the country. Although I wonder what the wiz of cheese really is.

You sir have got to be you! Never heard, seen, thought, or needed 'em until now! Fondue wiz cheese burgers. Um, um, um, um.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171007_172050.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	39184220171007_172050.jpg finished product.
        Last edited by Meatyorology; October 7, 2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

This has to be in the Pit Newsletter! Comin' your way for review Huskee !

Comment

That looks like a fun cook.

Comment

How fun!! I like it!!

Comment

That’s gotta be one of the coolest looking burgers I’ve seen! Great work!

Comment

Something different for sure! Really good presentation. I think I would be inclined to use the ingredients and skip the hole, but it wouldn't look nearly as cool.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here