Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Burger meat - thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Burger meat - thoughts?

Hi All - am experimenting with burgers recently, have tried and grinded up chuck, rib eye and brisket so far, after cooking some tri tip steaks last weekend and experiencing the extremely great flavor, am thinking of trying that - has anyone used it before and how did it turn out? Other cuts you have good experience with? Blends? Thanks much!

Boneless short ribs are great for burgers.
    Short rib, brisket and chuck. And I always add some extra fat into the party. I like a 70/30% burger.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Beat me to it!

Bacon-ends and venison, Fitty-Fitty mixture. We also do equal parts Bacon-ends, 80/20 beef and venison.

The Bacon-ends and venison rocks a meatloaf.

Comment

Chuck eye steak! Perfect fat/meat balance ... can be kinda hard to find but it's well worth it if you do ...

Comment

Welcome Peter

Comment

About summed it up. I have done all kinds except the brisket. I don't recall either way on the trimtip. I domuse the fat though.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Lamb. You can blend it with pork as well. Never tried it with beef. BTW, Welcome to the Pit from NE Washington state. Along with tips, techniques, and recipes about BBQ we have a lot of fun. If you like music, go to this thread to hear what others are listening to and share what you like. For jokes, go to this thread. Happy to have you along and looking forward to your participation.

Comment

Peter - just curious what temp your cooking them to and whether your adding fat to the grind?

Comment

I am with MBMorgan on this one. Chuck Eye steaks. I have done tri tip myself, some time ago. I recall the fat content for burgers on the dry side but delish. Ask for some fat back, most butchers will give that stuff away. You can keep it in the freezer and grind it in with anything you choose.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here