Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A hamburger... Gordon Ramsey style. 👅

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A hamburger... Gordon Ramsey style. 👅

What I learned on this video was how to position your condiments so the juice in your patti doesn't saturate your bun and potentially make it fall apart. I've eaten burgers at Gordon Ramsey's burger restaurant in Las Vegas and he does make almost as good of a hamburger as we in the Pit do.👍

"almost"!!!!

Comment

1) I hope no one falls off the edge of that deck. They'd own that nice house three doors down from Kim & Kanye. Or their survivors will.

2) What kind of grill is that? It looks and sounds (opening and closing) like a CharBroil!

3) There certainly will be enough salt on those burgers. Is that the key to gourmet cooking? Extra salt at every stage?

4) The number of burgers and buns and onions on the grill keeps changing. Someone needs a continuity expert.

5) Still looks like a nice burger. Too thick for me, but still looks good enough to eat.

Comment

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        You'd be surprised at the amount of salt that gourmet restaurants use.......a bunch! Every time an ingredient is added to a pan, salt is added.

I'm not a big fan of Ramsey - started when he started yelling at people. And he must own a salt company...

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca View Post
        3) There certainly will be enough salt on those burgers. Is that the key to gourmet cooking? Extra salt at every stage?
        That, and extra butter at every stage For a certain old-fashioned style of fine dining, anyway.

Comment

Way too much salt for me but a fine looking burger.

Comment

Looks like a good burger, but wow that's a lot of salt.

Originally posted by Mosca View Post
            4) The number of burgers and buns and onions on the grill keeps changing. Someone needs a continuity expert.
            This is a huge pet peeve for me. I call it out every time I see it. It really makes my wife mad at me. hehe

Comment

I really didn't think the salt was over the top. It seemed like pretty heavy grains without a lot of sticking.

And hitting the tomatoes themselves seems like a pretty solid call.

I don't know how I feel about the egg in the patties themselves though. Seems totally unnecessary to me, although I do my first stage in sous vide most of the time these days.

Comment

I 2nd the "not a fan or Gordons". I am more of a Flay man myself. We actually have a kind of rift in my house. Me an my oldest son LOVE the by the recipe diner burgers that are on this site. Wife and other 3 kids... of course like my version of the steakhouse burger (I used some techniques from umami burger in my recipe). Causes a problem every time we have a burger night.

Comment

He needs to wash his hands after touching raw meat.
                  He needs to wash the sheet pan before using it for the bun.

Get that green stuff off my burger!!!
                  Last edited by Ernest; August 16, 2017, 08:11 PM.

Comment

No salt here...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Steamed_Cheeseburgers.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	364015

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here