Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beer can burgers anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry folks, I got so excited to try the burger on my first homemade bun that I forgot to take a pic of them. I can tell that they didn't last very long and they were good.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Happen to me all the time! Nice! That means they were great!

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my... I was waiting for the money shot.😬

Bacon wrapped!! Nice job.

Comment

Those look fantastic!! Has anyone ever done an egg in the middle? I do love an egg on top of a good burger but not sure of the cooking time? AND--I am going to give these a shot with Bush's Baked beans!! I love baked beans on a burger!!!

Comment

I like a fried egg on top too.👅 This place does a great job on burgers. I take my grandkids there because they have a play area for young kids. This place has extraordinary chicken wings too.👍
        Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Great-looking burgers and buns! Now I've got to do some!

Comment

DWCowles ---Very Good Job on the burgers AND the buns!!!!

Comment

Yum! What temp did you cook 'em at, DW? The link ComfortablyNumb provided implies low and slow for about an hour. One more thing I've just gotta try...

Comment

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's how I done them, low and slow for an hour then I crank it up to 325.

• Deaf Arty
                  Deaf Arty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks!

DWCowles

Doing your first Brioche hamburger buns cook indoors in your oven was brilliant. It's easier because it's really is a set it and forget it cooker, more predictable for a first time cook👍

Now if and when you might want to move that cook outdoors on your Kamado Joe... it's easy. Raise your pizza stone above your gasket line. Preheat your cooker and pizza stone to the same temperature called for in the recipe, and let it heat soak your ceramics for about 45 minutes.

When you are ready to load your rings with dough... place a piece of parchment paper on your pizza peel, place your rings on your parchment paper, and then put in the correct weight of dough in each ring. Let them final proof and then put them on your pizza stone. The baking time will be about the same. They might finish a little bit quicker in your Kamado Joe because the temperature in a Kamado does not fluctuate as much as your kitchen oven does.

Your Kamado Joe and my large BGE are very similar cookers. Here's my setup I use in my BGE for these buns.
                Attached Files

Comment

DWCowles

Now that you are a legitimate bread maker, able to make as complex bread as a delayed fermentation Brioche type dough... guess what? You can use that same exact recipe to make lots of interesting things.

A loaf of bread... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y7sCsqojCo

Donuts... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ywxrv6AZCjA

Comment

They look delicious.

But I'm missing why are they beer can burgers?

Comment

Nice cook, ( Stomach Growling) Time to make leftover Brisket.

Comment

Those do look amazing! I'm with GregS not knowing what beer can burgers are.

Comment

Here you go GregS and bardsleyque https://youtu.be/Hq2kmbI_1EA

Comment

• GregS
                            GregS commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Great, now I'm going to have to try these. hehe

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here