Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upside-down Wimpy burger!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upside-down Wimpy burger!

I simply don't think I can ever cook a hamburger any other way now! Got my new Ballistic Griddle, and figured I would come up with some unique way to break it in. So upside-down Wimpy burger is some concoction I have been thinking about. Something different. It came out excellent!! Basically reverse of what (I think) I see in the old 1933 Popeye's Wimpy hamburger cook we have all seen. I got the griddle searing hot, threw down some oil, (butter in my case) then a nice layer of salt, then pepper then yellow mustard, then some really fine diced onions. (Then a tad more mustard for fun) The smell was AMAZING!! Then a 1/3 pound freshly ground meat ball 80/20. Then the smash. Make another pile and when ready flip it onto the next pile and smash again. This griddle is really cool. Got some learning to do as I had it blistering hot, but it worked perfect for this cook.

One of the best tasting burgers I think I have had, and I hate mustard.

​​​​​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	hb1.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	218015

Name:	hb2.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	340.4 KB
ID:	218016

Name:	hb3.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	218017

I'd eat that in a heartbeat.

Comment

• ribeyeguy
      ribeyeguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Only if you beat me to it!

Awesome! A few years ago when I had to go to Cali for work, I was told if I went to In-and-Out to order the double-double fried in mustard. It was pretty tasty, but yours is looking a lot better than the hockey puck I had. Note to self: put griddle on Christmas list.

Comment

Looks delicious! I'll have one please.

Comment

Can't believe you stopped to take a pic, looks great.

Comment

Hmmm... I'm torn, which looks better those cool Wimpy burgers or that Ballistic Griddle. I've already got GrillGrates but I feel my MCS kicking in on that griddle.😎

Comment

• Dr ROK
            Dr ROK commented
            Editing a comment
            ditto!

That bun looks great too. Homemade?

Comment

Damn, Son!!!

I'd gladly pay you tomorrow,...

Droolin' on my keyboard!!!

Comment

Nice Job! Also like the Ballistic Griddle, too - more toys for all!

Suddenly... M-u-s-t m-a-k-e O-k-l-a-h-o-m-a O-n-i-o-n B-u-r-g-e-r (repeat until done). --Ed

Comment

Very cool and I will do that. Ballistic Griddle on the way!

Comment

I just want to get it straight:

Oil, salt, pepper, mustard, onion. Press the burger into the mix. Then prep a second oil, salt, pepper, mustard, onion, and then flip into that mix and press. Right?

Comment

• lonnie mac
                    lonnie mac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry! I never saw this post! Yes indeed you have it correct. Dang dang good too.

Looks so tasty!!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here