Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grass fed beef in burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grass fed beef in burgers

I was just given a few pounds of nice grass fed ground beef. I am planning on making up some burgers for the opening ceremonies of the Olympic games. I know that grass fed beef has less fat and am wondering what you all would recommend for adding to raise the fat content. Grinding up some bacon is a given but I am open to other ideas if anyone has some experience with grass fed beef burgers. Thank you.

Get some Short ribs or Ox tail (see if your butcher will grind it for you or use your food processor and grind it your self 10 short pulses usually does the trick) mix 20% fatty meat with 80% grass fed and your good to go!! Now it you dont want to add non grass fed beef to the mix it will change the flavor and texture the bacon thing is your best bet and maybe a marinaded. (Also I'm just making this up as I go so read into that what you want lol)

Comment

I would recommend watching this video as it is all about Burgers. If I remember right he says something about adding butter to the burgers.

Comment

I would go with beerlicious baseball burgers and not worry about the fat. The beer will take care of everything.
        This is for you rat88 2# burger add 1/4 cup beer and 1/4 cup + 1 tbs of your favorite burger seasoning -I used BBBR Mix it all up. Make baseball size balls of

This is a big event and demands a big burger!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here