Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNS Steakhouse Burgers with an Old School Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNS Steakhouse Burgers with an Old School Finish

Nothing like a reverse seared, charcoal fired and smoked steakhouse burger right? I still enjoy the awesome crunch of a flat top seared burger and decided to try the best of both worlds. After cooking low and slow and it was time to sear I dumped a half chimney of fully lit coals into the SNS and let a cast iron skillet get to about 655 degrees. Got an awesome "flat top" sear with the added benefit of no flare ups. After searing a couple at a time just moved them back to the "cold" side and added the cheese which melted just right.
    Last edited by cgrover60; August 2, 2016, 06:19 PM.

Those look excellent! I will have to try that. Hope you seasoned that iron afterwards. That kinda heat will burn off your seasoning.

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Working on it. GrillGrate Brad might know when they'll be available!

• cgrover60
      cgrover60 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! That would be the perfect SNS accessory which I'd buy in a heartbeat. Maybe the GrillGrates boys and ABCBarbecue should partner up for some cross sell action on each other's products. Just sayin...

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      My GrillGrates were cut to fit my large BGE. The center rectangle piece is a perfect fit to sit over the SnS in my 26" Weber kettle. I use it to sear steaks, burgers & fish. All is good.๐Ÿ‘

Good looking burgers!

Comment

Nothing like flat tops. My ole Wagner spends more time on the kettle than the stove it seems. Great looking cook!

Comment

Jumping jahosaphat yes! Was that your grind? Looks delicious. I love my cast irons. What was the grind?

Comment

• cgrover60
          cgrover60 commented
          Editing a comment
          That time was 85 / 15 organic my wife wanted to try. I prefer 80 / 20 when she let's me... lol

Creative... Nice cook, nice burgers.๐Ÿ‘

Comment

That's a really nice picture!

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            +1^ on what Huskee said.๐Ÿ‘

They look yummy to my tummy

Comment

Man they look great. Love me a burger or two!

Comment

Awesome burgers and great photo.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here