Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: the best CHEESE to turn a perfect hamburger into the perfect cheeseburger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mild cheddar on a regular burger...
    But i often make a California burger with blue cheese avocados lettuce and green goddess dressing...its really good 😋

Comment

If you like a truly sharp cheddar try the 13 or 15 year aged cheddar from this place:

The page you are looking for has been moved or deleted. Please use the navagation links to find the information you are looking for.

It's off the charts sharp. They're about an hour away from where I live, my wife and I go there a few times a year. It's like walking into cheese heaven.

Comment

Not sure how I missed this thread the first time around. I've been on a smoked gouda kick lately. Delicious on a big fat juicy 1/2 lb steakhouse burger.

Comment

Huntsman cheese, but I chose pepper jack from the list.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Zman23; July 9, 2016, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I always go with 1 slice of med. cheddar and 1 slice of provolone cheese

Comment

I chose pepper jack but really any of them works. Anyone ever tried asiago cheese on a burger? It's very similar to parmesan but it makes for an interesting taste, especially if you add some marinara sauce.

Comment

• MBMorgan
                MBMorgan commented
                Editing a comment
                I find asiago pretty astringent ... I think you might lose the burger flavor to the cheese. But then I think bechamel (white) sauce is almost too spicy

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here