Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No hamburger recipe sticky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No hamburger recipe sticky?

I have been doing my duty as a new member and watching the video seminars. I came to this part expecting to find a sticky with everyones favorite burger recipes.
    I wasnt sure if my comments on the burger video should be posted in the video comments or here... but I'm here now anyway so what the hell.
    I am a "flip once" kinda guy and dont have a problem adding stuff to the patty (I dont care what Bobby Flay thinks). I have not tried CapnCrunch as a binder, but I have used stale cheetos. I put my maple syrup IN the patty along with a small jar of diced jalapenos juice and all, and I sauce the inside . Here is the biggest WTF... put the big side(top) of the bun on the BOTTOM. that way the juice doesnt soak up the skinny side and everything falls out. I got yell at once at a GF's house because the bread didnt line up on my sandwich. Not sure what her mom would think about an upsidedown hamburger bun.

There's a sub-forum devoted to hamburgers, doesn't get a whole lot of action though.

For all <b>burger</b> talk- cheese, beef, chicken, turkey, lamb, even veggie!

Comment

See, and here we are!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        You sir just flew around the www quicker than a Gulfstream 650.

• ribeyeguy
        ribeyeguy commented
        Editing a comment
        One of the benefits of posting from a Cray supercomputer.

• ribeyeguy
        ribeyeguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually it's just a Kindle. Latest edition though!

I always lay my burgers big bun down so the flip brings it to the top.

Comment

rat88 ... Welcome to the Pit and thanks for contributing. Your ideas on burger sound very interesting.

The reason you don't see much chatter about hamburgers in the Pit is because Meathead's "Steakhouse Steakburger" is pretty much considered the "Holy Grail" of hamburger patties. We all rife on it some by making 6oz instead of 8. We put caramelized onions on it instead of raw ones. We change the cheese somtimes but I think the vast majòrty really like his patties😜

Now... Let's talk about hamburger buns. If... A burger bun is properly constructed it will be able to remain in its proper form even with Meathead's extra juicy 8oz hamburger patty dripping juices all over it and the front of your shirt. You can make that bun yourself as another Pit member, Michael Brinton, did this last weekend.

You can find that recipe in the tested recipes section. Scroll down to Bread and look for "Brioche Hamburger Buns" it's easy to do but it's like BBQ, not much labor, just lots of waiting time. It needs to ferment in the fridge overnight.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here